crazy ways of hatching eggs this really worked!?

Where I live in cambodia they hatch a lot of duckling in rice husks I mean thousands no incubator I don't now the fine detail of it and have not tried it as I just hatch chicks under broody hens

There is a type of turkey in Australia that buries and tends its eggs much like alligators.
These birds constantly regulate the internal temperature of the mound by digging off the bedding. or adding more.

They use heat sensors on their beaks to tell the temperature of the inner mound.. so as to keep the eggs at a CONSTANT temperature.

The mound is made of leaves, wood, dirt and organic matter which generated heat as is decomposes.. like you get with a compost heap.

If we just bury eggs in sand and leave them it will not be a CONSTANT temperature or anywhere near the conditions needed to hatch out chicken eggs.

Where I live in cambodia they hatch a lot of duckling in rice husks I mean thousands no incubator I don't now the fine detail of it and have not tried it as I just hatch chicks under broody hens

That's interesting. Is it done only at certain times of the year or do they keep the husks covered from rain ? Any details you can add so we can work out how they are doing it would be great.

i have done it with pigeons . worked every time
Done what with pigeons?

Then how did you hand raise the pigeon squabs?

Just wondering.. as 90 percent of pigeon squabs die if they are hand reared.. as they need the pigeon milk from their parents in the first few days after hatching.

I watched a video on the making of balut which is duck eggs incubated for 18 days before being eaten. Alternating layers of heated rice and mesh bags of eggs are placed in a cylindrical bamboo basket. The baskets of eggs and rice are are arranged in a larger container and rice hull is packed around the baskets as insulation. All done out of the weather under cover. They reheat the rice and turn the eggs a couple of times a day. I'm guessing the process can be modified to allow the egg to hatch. Amazing what can be done without electricity.

I watched a video on the making of balut which is duck eggs incubated for 18 days before being eaten. Alternating layers of heated rice and mesh bags of eggs are placed in a cylindrical bamboo basket. The baskets of eggs and rice are are arranged in a larger container and rice hull is packed around the baskets as insulation. All done out of the weather under cover. They reheat the rice and turn the eggs a couple of times a day. I'm guessing the process can be modified to allow the egg to hatch. Amazing what can be done without electricity.
You have a link to that video?

Sorry I don't believe any of this. Chikcen eggs need to be turned, the chick would never beable to hatch out of an egg burriend under several feet of dirt.

If it doesn't make sense, don't believe it! ;)

Done what with pigeons?

Then how did you hand raise the pigeon squabs?

Just wondering.. as 90 percent of pigeon squabs die if they are hand reared.. as they need the pigeon milk from their parents in the first few days after hatching.

They use the pigeon to incubate a chicken egg not the other way around.

You have a link to that video?
0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom