Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
my younger girls

This is one of my young pullets, 7weeks old. She is one of my 2nd generation pullets. I love her cream head! She is the first of my offspring to have a cream head and not gray like all my other pullets.

Kezza -
Nice birds,

chicken pickin -

Excellent 7-month old -- in that last photo - I would say the comb is super straight - how much does he weigh, do you know?

Thanks! His comb is pretty straight, it does curve a bit in the back but not a whole lot. And I have not gotten a weight on him unfortunately. I keep telling myself to hurry up and get a scale because I would like to keep track of the weights. I have held him many times and he is quite heavy, hes a stocky boy. I will get a scale soon.

Last edited:
Kezza -
Nice birds,

chicken pickin -

Excellent 7-month old -- in that last photo - I would say the comb is super straight - how much does he weigh, do you know?

Thanks! His comb is pretty straight, it does curve a bit in the back but not a whole lot. And I have not gotten a weight on him unfortunately. I keep telling myself to hurry up and get a scale because I would like to keep track of the weights. I have held him many times and he is quite heavy, hes a stocky boy. I will get a scale soon.

Before I got a scale I weighed myself, then weighed myself holding the chicken, and that gave me a ballpark figure in pounds. Doesn't work well with a tiny chicken but should give a good estimate on a heavier fowl in the meantime.

Quote:
I think you can also go to WalMart or to a store that sells fishing gear...even a hardware maybe - and pick up a scale with hooks on both ends for about 6.00. hook the top hook to something..and put the chicken in a sack or one of those reusable grocery bags..The chicken won't like it of course... and hook the handles of the bag or sack to the lower - fish weighing scale hook..... May work wonders. :O)

This is one of my young pullets, 7weeks old. She is one of my 2nd generation pullets. I love her cream head! She is the first of my offspring to have a cream head and not gray like all my other pullets.

Hope you don't mind--- I did a photoshop rendering of an 'age progression' on your chicken...:O)

When I first saw this look on a CL - It reminded me of a photo-negative... So took a photo of one of my pullets and did the 'invert' -- of course that didn't work because it just went to opposite colors and the comb and wattles turned green etc.

This may be a big differentiation of the varieties

Here is what I was playing around with - starting point the more ubiquitous Legbar in the upper corner....

retained the red etc. and only selected the plumage and crest - and this is kind of a rough example of how I see the very light crested ones looking when grown out. My pullet has lost all her yellow btw - because she is high production egg layer. Just thought it was interesting when I say -- the cream crests - look to me like photo-negatives of the other ones.

Your pictures here are just AWESOME - and that pullet is appealing....Your photos - and of your cockerels - would be so perfect on the autumn months of a calendar....too bad this year's BYC Calendar is already finalized... Gorgeous shots and of course your chickens look awesome. May want to ask you for pictures of your very lights - for the thread discussing new variety....they certainly look different. :O)ETA = hope you don't feel your little pullet is insulted..LOL -- I should have feathered, shadowed and blended -- but I think as is it shows what I mean by an opposite of the others...hence maybe supporting two varieties.

Last edited:
Thanks @ChicKat for the photo complements. I love taking pictures of my chickens I cant help it. I think I have thousands of chicken pictures stored on my computer lol.

And I am not insulted by the pullet age progression. If you ever need pictures for any of the discussion please ask, I love to help.

Im in love with this little pullet I can t wait to see her mature. I am really looking forward to next spring to start hatching some more. I have even been considering only working with CL so I can really focus on them. I also have Marans, black and blue copper. But I almost feel like I don't have the time or space to work with 2 different breeds and actually accomplish anything
hmm.png

Thanks @ChicKat for the photo complements. I love taking pictures of my chickens I cant help it. I think I have thousands of chicken pictures stored on my computer lol.

And I am not insulted by the pullet age progression. If you ever need pictures for any of the discussion please ask, I love to help.

Im in love with this little pullet I can t wait to see her mature. I am really looking forward to next spring to start hatching some more. I have even been considering only working with CL so I can really focus on them. I also have Marans, black and blue copper. But I almost feel like I don't have the time or space to work with 2 different breeds and actually accomplish anything
hmm.png
I know exactly what you mean--- so many chickens -- so little time. :O)

Back
Top Bottom