Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Pics
Mary theSheriff just posted on the Stella's Social Club the picture of her shipment of new line GFF chicks- my jaw DROPPED at the color of the males! Go see, go see!!

Those boys are the same age, I believe mid September hatch. The left one is stretching up a bit in the photo, I will go out and look tomorrow and see if they appear different but they both look almost the same to me.

Rinda
For those of you with Cream Legbars look how light colored and barely chipmunk patterned the new breeders are. Well, at least the boys.

The girls look the same to me.

I am really excited about watching them grow out. Having the extras will be nice although I suspect the extras are from the prior imports. Time will tell if they look different.
WOW! Now I really can't wait to get mine!
Thanks, Rinda!

Actually, I plan on offering eggs to anyone on the Board of Directors for just the cost of shipping. It will be quite a while till they are ready for that, though.
lol.png

Good notes. By the way the Middle Farms birds belong to Bonnie Hall, the same one that I quoted from Facebook. Scartop Poultry is Amanda Rowe. Although Emily deGray is considered one of the top authorities on Cream Legbars in the UK, it appears that she is no longer breeding Cream Legbars (this was stated on Bonnie's website). I assume she still has a flock for herself but she no longer buys and sells them. Those are three of the names that fly thick and heavy when you talk about correct UK Cream Legbars on the internet.

For type discussion: this is my adult rooster. I feel his type is wrong but I don't have the terms to say why. He just seems too compact/stocky. I feel his boys are much closer to what we are aiming for? Can anyone pick out what I'm trying to say?

When those boys start making some babies give me a holla.
They look divine! Some nice cream hackle girls and you may have some paint for the barn...

Actually, I plan on offering eggs to anyone on the Board of Directors for just the cost of shipping. It will be quite a while till they are ready for that, though.
lol.png

Woohoo! I'd gladly take you up on that.

I have an order from GFF due in the next month or so. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get some from the new lines, too.

Back
Top Bottom