Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

I would like to get started with some quality Legbars for breeding stock. Can anyone tell me who is selling hatching eggs right now( its too hot to ship chicks right now)
Eggs don't do well shipped in the heat either, just an FYI. I second what the other repsonse said, check the Club page and see if anyone in your area (even a few hour drive away) if you need birds right now.

X2 too hot for shipping chicks= too hot for shipping eggs. They will start to incubate in the mail and then be killed when you rest them prior to set. Look local or wait for it to cool down in a month or two.

X2 too hot for shipping chicks= too hot for shipping eggs. They will start to incubate in the mail and then be killed when you rest them prior to set. Look local or wait for it to cool down in a month or two.

one option for eggs shipping eggs this time of year is to have the PO hold for pick up - they will have very minimal heat exposure that way. If they are warm when they arrive, you can put them directly in the incubator large end up and don't start the turner for at least 24 -48 hours. I don't recommend shipping in the heat either - but if you do this is an option

Quote:
Totally agree about the' hold at' for the eggs. I have found that the PO may not read the box, so I always go in the morning of the expected shipment arrival while my carrier is sorting the mail and let her know about the shipment. They are really nice and will set it aside. I even had the head-honcho personally call me once when the eggs arrived (a day late).

It really does depend on your location, too. The US is a very big country with a lot of variability. Local weather has been unseasonably cool here and we are around 80 during the day and it has been dropping in to the 60's at night. Its what most everyone in the South probably thinks of as spring weather
smile.png

So what is up with the Club website? I've directed several folks to it and they all come back saying there is nothing there. Went to check it out myself and they're right. It doesn't appear to have been updated at all and what is there isn't nearly enough information. The site I'm referring to is crestedcreamlegbarclub.com

Do we have a webmaster?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom