Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Quote:
Guys this is not hard at all, heck just take a look at what GaryDean26 just posted.. do you see any, any difference in the color of the chick's back stripes? both the brown leghorn and the cream legbar have the same tone.. yellow/cream...
Quote:
it can get tiresome at times, but hey I will let you guys be

Chicken weights -

- I was surprised today that my CL rooster topped 6-pounds. A few ounces over.

The 2-year old hen is now gaining she is 4 pounds, and the younger one that was such a little thing, but managed some nearly Large-sized eggs 1.9+ounces (- one of which hatched Christmas Day despite being cracked by my clumsiness on it's air-cell end and patched the shell with candle wax...that chick is now 1/2 pound and not even 3-weeks until Wednesday. ) The littlest is pushing -- toward 4 pounds...almost there....

I was pretty surprised and pleased. It makes all the weights look very achievable by the time the SOP showing comes around. What are they in UK? I have some from the original UK write up:
WEIGHT: 6 to 6-1/2 lbs in cockerels; 7 to 7-1/2 lbs in cocks.
WEIGHT: 4-1/2 to 5 lbs in pullets; 5 to 6 lbs in hens

How about others out there? What are your ages and weights?

Just ordered a fish scale on ebay, I expect it will be a week or two until it comes then I will post my weights. I currently have 3 hens and 7 POL pullets. 2 hens and 4 pullets are laying so far.

Rinda

I recently sold my gold colored flock. Here are the ones that I have kept.

My new cockerel from Greenfire

My new pullet from Greenfire

The ladies-The one to the left is from Rinda's flock, Second is from Jordan farm, the two one the right are offspring from my Jordan flock, they are both molting.

I have a cockerel from Rinda's flock who is hiding in the house. I think the mixup in the pecking order with the sale of the senior rooster and the addition of the newest cockerel in the last few days has him freaked out.

It is very windy today and it was hard to get the newer one's to pose. They did not like the wind ruffling their feathers.

I recently sold my gold colored flock. Here are the ones that I have kept.

My new cockerel from Greenfire

My new pullet from Greenfire

The ladies-The one to the left is from Rinda's flock, Second is from Jordan farm, the two one the right are offspring from my Jordan flock, they are both molting.

I have a cockerel from Rinda's flock who is hiding in the house. I think the mixup in the pecking order with the sale of the senior rooster and the addition of the newest cockerel in the last few days has him freaked out.

It is very windy today and it was hard to get the newer one's to pose. They did not like the wind ruffling their feathers.
Flaming Chicken -

The look very consistent - and it is interesting that they are from 3 different sources.

I hope that I can find somebody around late May into June who is looking to sell a couple of cream legbar pullets. I have decided that they must be added to my flock.
I agree, you MUST get them - and you will be so glad when you do..... Have you looked at the members list on the Cream Legbar Club to see if someone is near you?

http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/04-membership

Then there is always Greenfire Farms, Jordan Farms, and MyPetChicken.com if you want day olds.....Good luck - keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom