Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Here are some pics of my 3 girls. 2 have butter Cream and 1 is very gold I guess I would call it. Also my girl Thelma has a very Large crest and angry eyebrows, haha.

That is Thelma in the last picture -- are these yours that just recently began to lay?? You should put the last pict in that 'what is this chicken thinking ' thread and see what folks come up with. Pretty chickens.
The last photo - chicken on the right has a light hackle, gray body plumage, salmon breast and barred gray and cream crest. She just may be very correct according to the SOP.

That is Thelma in the last picture -- are these yours that just recently began to lay?? You should put the last pict in that 'what is this chicken thinking ' thread and see what folks come up with. Pretty chickens.
The last photo - chicken on the right has a light hackle, gray body plumage, salmon breast and barred gray and cream crest. She just may be very correct according to the SOP.

Yes, they are the ones that just began to lay. Haha, I love that photo of her. I guess I should put here photo in. And the hen on the right is Marie and she does have the best coloring and she is the friendliest.

I also had to rehome my Roo, way to much crowing for the neighbors. But, Junibutt offered me his Roo. Maybe because he got some eggs from you, he plans on bringing in a new line. Which would be better for me, bringing in a new roo too.

Yes, they are the ones that just began to lay. Haha, I love that photo of her. I guess I should put here photo in. And the hen on the right is Marie and she does have the best coloring and she is the friendliest.

I also had to rehome my Roo, way to much crowing for the neighbors. But, Junibutt offered me his Roo. Maybe because he got some eggs from you, he plans on bringing in a new line. Which would be better for me, bringing in a new roo too.
How cool is that? He says Marco is a sweet heart. Ain't life great?
wee.gif

I've posted these on the other Legbar threads as well, but I want as much input on them as possible. Here are the roosters I have left. I'm trying to decide who to keep. What are everyone's honest opinions?

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

I've posted these on the other Legbar threads as well, but I want as much input on them as possible. Here are the roosters I have left. I'm trying to decide who to keep. What are everyone's honest opinions?

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Hi Tim,
I'm really surprised to see that they have mottled red/white earlobes at this young age. Usually the earlobes stay white until at least 1-year old. Have they been exposed to a lot of wind and rough conditions? That can redden a white earlobe as I understand it.

ETA nice yellow color in the legs and for most of them smallish wattles, wish the comb and wattles of our breed could be shrunken. .

Last edited:
Hi Tim,
I'm really surprised to see that they have mottled red/white earlobes at this young age. Usually the earlobes stay white until at least 1-year old. Have they been exposed to a lot of wind and rough conditions? That can redden a white earlobe as I understand it.

ETA nice yellow color in the legs and for most of them smallish wattles, wish the comb and wattles of our breed could be shrunken. .

#2 and #3 have very bad tail angles. The red in the lobes can be environment but is usually a genetic defect.

Walt

#2 and #3 have very bad tail angles. The red in the lobes can be environment but is usually a genetic defect.

Walt
I agree with the earlobes likely being genetic. I cull CL for earlobes that are anything but white.

I do notice that with age the males sometimes get slight red leakage over winter, but other than that I feel white earlobes are important, at least in my breeding program.

Back
Top Bottom