Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Hi all - I'm new to Legbars and have two boys in trying to decide on. Can't keep them both. They are 3 months old. Would love some input! Thanks!

Boy 1

Boy 2

Hi all - I'm new to Legbars and have two boys in trying to decide on. Can't keep them both. They are 3 months old. Would love some input! Thanks!

Boy 1

Boy 2

Hold on to them as long as possible, as they will continue to change. If you have your pullets/hens already, it is helpful to compare their attributes for your breeding program. Both cockerels have nice white earlobes, yellow legs, long backs, nicely rounded chests, and a reasonable comb. The first one looks like he has better barring and a very nice crest, and may have a better color match between his hackle and saddle feathers. But it's still early! Welcome to all things Cream Legbars.

Hold on to them as long as possible, as they will continue to change. If you have your pullets/hens already, it is helpful to compare their attributes for your breeding program. Both cockerels have nice white earlobes, yellow legs, long backs, nicely rounded chests, and a reasonable comb. The first one looks like he has better barring and a very nice crest, and may have a better color match between his hackle and saddle feathers. But it's still early! Welcome to all things Cream Legbars.

x2! There is something about the first one that appeals to me, but they both have so much more growing in to do and are both beautiful. You may get more responses if you go to the Cream Legbars thread. Best wishes with your beautiful birds kara1015!

I agree the one thing I like to say is the bigger the crest the comb tends to flop over which is bad in my eyes.

Boy 1

Boy 2

I agree with Kara. No 1 has better barring, even in his saddle and secondariy feathers. Watch the tails but i like the slope of the back on no 1 in these pics better. His lobes are not as good as 2. They both have the s comb which is unfortunate but frequent. The barring wont change but type will mature. Single beed with females that compliment the chosen's flaws. Good luck.

I agree with Kara. No 1 has better barring, even in his saddle and secondariy feathers. Watch the tails but i like the slope of the back on no 1 in these pics better. His lobes are not as good as 2. They both have the s comb which is unfortunate but frequent. The barring wont change but type will mature. Single beed with females that compliment the chosen's flaws. Good luck.

Hi blackbirds13, nice to see your posts from time to time. I was an avid reader when you were on more.
Would you mind talking about the back slope on 1 vs 2? That came up recently at a poultry show with CL.
Thanks.

I thought I'd come read up on Cream Legbars as I adopted four this past spring. I ordered all pullets and got two boys; so much for auto sexing! But I looked at the photos of Blackbirds13--beauties!-- and my roo (the other died at four days old) looks nothing like them and I'm wondering just what I have on my hands! Are there different breeds within the breed? Did I get super duped? Please advise! AND I'm off to read more.
Thanks.
Toe

Back
Top Bottom