Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Can someone help me sex this crested cream leg bar chicks #1, #2 and #5?

Chick #1: (This one appears female CL)

Chick #2: Update: Crested Cream Legbar. Maybe a female? It has a very small white dot on its head but darker back down

Chick #4: Update: Crested Cream Legbar. Male?,

Top view of all chicks: (the one on the top right and the one by the thermometer are the Golden Cuckoo Marans, the others are Crested Cream Legbars).

Hi, I agree with other posts, I think you have 2 males. The color on chick #1/female looks a little off, definitely very dark.

Are these your first Cream Legbars? Thanks for your interest in the breed.

Last edited:
Anyone have a link or know where to look at pics of some birds that are close to SOP? Seen lots of pics but who has the blue ribbon for the actual Cream SOP?
If you go to the Cream Legbar Website, on the news tab - there is a photo of the pullet that won the best of show - if memory serves -- for an online show last fall - that was judged by an APA judge--- that may be as close as the world has. ;O)

I will see if I can get a link:

http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/03---club-news---the-latest-headlines

Anyone have a link or know where to look at pics of some birds that are close to SOP? Seen lots of pics but who has the blue ribbon for the actual Cream SOP?

I am considering showing at the Shawnee, OK show this December. If we can get at least thee exhibitors to commit to show Cream Legbars at this meet then I will be setting it up as a Regional Club Meet for the Cream Legbars. Additionally if we can get a minimum of 4 exhibitors with a minimum of four pullets, four hens, four, cockerels, and four cocks on exhibit it could be a pre-qualifier for the Cream Legbars APA acceptance. Once we get more of these Regional Legbar Meets and pre-qualifier meets completed the blue ribbons birds will start to be better established but you can see a few winners on the Cream Legbar Club show winners page.

I am considering showing at the Shawnee, OK show this December.  If we can get at least thee exhibitors to commit to show Cream Legbars at this meet then I will be setting it up as a Regional Club Meet for the Cream Legbars.  Additionally if we can get a minimum of 4 exhibitors with a minimum of four pullets, four hens, four, cockerels, and four cocks on exhibit it could be a pre-qualifier for the Cream Legbars APA acceptance.  Once we get more of these Regional Legbar Meets and pre-qualifier meets completed the blue ribbons birds will start to be better established but you can see a few winners on the Cream Legbar Club show winners page.  

Wonderful if we had show quality I would love to participate. Might come be a spectator this year. Post details closer to the date please.

I am considering showing at the Shawnee, OK show this December.  If we can get at least thee exhibitors to commit to show Cream Legbars at this meet then I will be setting it up as a Regional Club Meet for the Cream Legbars.  Additionally if we can get a minimum of 4 exhibitors with a minimum of four pullets, four hens, four, cockerels, and four cocks on exhibit it could be a pre-qualifier for the Cream Legbars APA acceptance.  Once we get more of these Regional Legbar Meets and pre-qualifier meets completed the blue ribbons birds will start to be better established but you can see a few winners on the Cream Legbar Club show winners page.  
Man, I would love to go! Haven't been in a show for a long time! My oldest daughter is old enough to start 4H this year, so maybe we can convince dad to let us girls go on a road trip and take a few birds to show! Too bad not much close to Montana.

I am considering showing at the Shawnee, OK show this December. If we can get at least thee exhibitors to commit to show Cream Legbars at this meet then I will be setting it up as a Regional Club Meet for the Cream Legbars. Additionally if we can get a minimum of 4 exhibitors with a minimum of four pullets, four hens, four, cockerels, and four cocks on exhibit it could be a pre-qualifier for the Cream Legbars APA acceptance. Once we get more of these Regional Legbar Meets and pre-qualifier meets completed the blue ribbons birds will start to be better established but you can see a few winners on the Cream Legbar Club show winners page.

To All West Coast CL fans - there is a show in Ventura, CA that you might consider attending / showing at : "Bash at the Beach".
Posted dates indicate October 29/30 at the Ventura County Fairgrounds, sponsored by Seaside Feather Fanciers.

I have attended the last few years, finally entered several CL last year. It would be great to see other breeders there in 2016. This could also be a Western Regional Club Meet, similar to the proposal by GaryDean26.

Spring hatches will be a good age to bring to this APA show, as well as older birds that aren't molting.

Back
Top Bottom