Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

What do you mean by Pre-qualifier? does it need to be announced as such before hand?

If a person brings 4 birds in each class does that count?
Yes, a person can bring 4 birds in each category and have it count. None of the birds can be DQ'd. All 16 birds have to be scored. There also is paperwork required for the meet that requires the Breeder (or breeders) to list all the exhibitors and who exhibited each bird that is placed. The paper work then needs to be signed by the APA judge that evaluated the breed with his/her comments on the breed. The form must be obtained from the Breed club prior to the meet and then returned to the breed club upon successful completion.

Do you have enough non winter trimmed cocks for such an undertaking?

I do not have any non-winter trimmed roosters...Shot that idea all the hades...
lau.gif

Never thought of that,,,,darn Otherwise I have enough in the other groups in both colors.,

Last edited:
I believe to qualify for participation in what would lead to the acceptance process, the show participants must be APA members for 5 years and also breeders of that breed variety for 5 years in an APA "sponsored" show for it to count towards that process.

No that is not correct.  Once the breed is being shown breeders can start to hold Pre-qualifying meets.  At pre-qualifying meets a minimum of four birds must be exhibited in each of the four categories (Pullet, Hen, Cockerel, Cock).  Anyone can exhibit birds at the pre-qualifiers.  There is no requirement for you to be an APA member to exhibit birds in a pre-qualifier.  Successful Pre-qualifiers must be held in a minimum of two consecutive year before for the breed organization to request a qualifying meet.  At the qualifying meet you must have a minimum of 50 birds with minimum numbers in each category.  You don't have to be an APA member to exhibit birds at the qualifiers. Two successful qualifying meets must be help for the breed to be accepted and an application to the APA must also be made.  The application requires an affidavit from five members of the APA certifying that they have breed the breed for a minimum of 5 years and that it breeds true.  Yes those APA member must be members of APA for the 5 years minimum that they are required to certify they have worked with the breed.

At this point the Cream Legbar as not completed any Pre-qualifying meets. It is still a great breed for 4H yout to work with and show.  We had a good group of 4H youth in Texas showing Cream Legbars while we lived there (and before our children were old enough to do 4H).  I know a young man that one first place in the state wide Junior Showmanship with a Cream Legbar Hen.  I now another young man that one 2nd place in the Backyard division with a Cream Legbar hen and a yound woman that won best of show in the Backyard division with a Cream Legbar hen. 

Thanks. I have been trying to understand the process. I joined the APA. Hope maybe to show in January.

Back
Top Bottom