Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Pics
Absolutely. A few small groups have taken assignments and are wrapping things up as we speak, then we will be ready for the next step and new volunteers. Trust me, you will be needed!

Rinda

Absolutely. A few small groups have taken assignments and are wrapping things up as we speak, then we will be ready for the next step and new volunteers. Trust me, you will be needed!

Rinda
Fantastic. Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Soooooooo sorry this has taken such a long time. Button-holed dh so he could hold the chicken while I took the photos... After dark, in the dining room -- but those florescents are supposed to be 'daylight' colored. I'm ditto, me too, x2 for everything and I will add some color info at the very end.....
Color-Female

Comb, Face, and Wattles: Bright red. Redchicken9: yes.
Beak: Yellow. Redchicken9: yes. (mine horn, where this horn is coming from beats the heck out of me since both barred Rocks and Leghorns have yellow! Ok, black and golden duckwing and silver araucanas horn, for white it's yellow).

Eyes: Reddish bay. Redchicken9: yes. However, looking at some pecking around me they do differ.

Ear-lobes: Enamel white. Redchicken9: yes.

Crest: Cream and gray, some chestnut permissible. Redchicken9: yes. (mine could be dark).

Head: Cream, softly barred gray. Redchicken: yes, maybe, I don't know, mine are dark and golden. I looked at the neck description and at Amanda Rowe's girls in post 512 to make the language.

Neck: Hackles cream, softly barred gray. Redchicken9: Yes, for description.
Back and Shoulders: Grey, softly barred. Redchicken9: OK, look at post 512 where two hens are next each other feeding, some color difference here. This one above darker grey.

Tail: Silver-grey, faintly barred. Redchicken9: yes.

Wings: Bows : Silver gray, faintly barred. Redchicken9: Mine with speckled gold/rust.

Coverts: Silver-grey. Mine with a fair amount of gold/rust.

Primaries: Gray, peppered. Redchicken9: Yes.
Secondaries: Very faintly barred. Redchicken9: Yes.

Above I have gold/rust peppering, which I think is in the secondaries, with the barring in the primary, but I will have to re-look later, so I'm not sure.

Breast: Salmon, well defined in outline. (ASP: Describes salmon as a medium shade of reddish ochre color used to describe the color of the breast of some breeds, e.g. Light Brown Leghorn females). Redchicken9: Yes.

Body and Fluff: Body: Silver-gray, with rather indistinct broad soft barrings.

Fluff: (no BPS guidance) Gray (silver-grey, light grey?). Redchicken9: Yes. Although mine with fawn or tint. Please look at Amanda Rowe's hens, post 512.

Legs and Toes: Yellow. Redchicken9: yes.

Undercolor of all Sections: Silver-gray.

Her eyes are darker than Robin's and maybe that is reddish-bay?? Just think she was grabbed after dark and still looks this bright-eyed and (cranky?) LOL

I'm saying the cream in her hackles match oac795 - perhaps the percent cream can be increased --but to me the cream is cream..... Look at that LOOK!

For the salmon oac688 and oac689 at the top...

Legs (and beak) between oac811 and oac812 - Once again I'm asking if anyone knows if the very light versions of cream legbars have a reciprocal lightening of the legs and beaks..... Anyone have a view point?

Thanks again redchicken9 for all the work on the SOP draft. -- I have learned a lot about our chickens during this process. :O)
ETA - this pullet will be 3-months Dec 3 - weighs in at 2 7/8 - (she is missing a wing though, so should weigh 12% more -- or what ever percent a wing would be. :O(

Cockerel to be 3-months on Dec 3 weighs in at 3-pounds and a tad....

Last edited:

Been very busy.
These are in all caps I will do another with just first letter caps for comparison.

And I am super psyched about 2 of my juvie males they are looking really nice.
celebrate.gif
The saddle and hackles are really light, still a bit of color but really so much lighter than the others and the amount of chestnut on the shoulders is minimal compared to the others. No real color in the secondary feathers yet but I will not be surprised if some shows up. I Think I may need to do one or two more generations. And one may have a relatively straight comb if it keeps growing out as it is right now. I am hoping that they will make it to spring or at least until they are ready to mate...hope I don't have the same rotten luck nest year as this year. I can't wait to see what hatches out.....
fl.gif

Been very busy.
These are in all caps I will do another with just first letter caps for comparison.

And I am super psyched about 2 of my juvie males they are looking really nice.
celebrate.gif
The saddle and hackles are really light, still a bit of color but really so much lighter than the others and the amount of chestnut on the shoulders is minimal compared to the others. No real color in the secondary feathers yet but I will not be surprised if some shows up. I Think I may need to do one or two more generations. And one may have a relatively straight comb if it keeps growing out as it is right now. I am hoping that they will make it to spring or at least until they are ready to mate...hope I don't have the same rotten luck nest year as this year. I can't wait to see what hatches out.....
fl.gif
I prefer #2.

Wishing you good luck this year!!
fl.gif

I'll be setting more eggs in a few weeks and I can't wait.. the suspense is unbearable!

Gorgeous LOGOs.....

There's a place holder in the sample docs for now--- we can replace it with your better version -- then once the club has a meeting we can get a vote -- and put the most preferred in the revised versions--- I suspect things over the years, like the handbook will have revisions.

SUPER EFFORT. Thank you.

YEP, I had seen some older photos (I think) of your roos and they really did look more 'correct' as far as coloring goes. Great progress. Hoping for a really good year for the chickens you are raising.

I like the second Logo too, it looks more balanced.

Hope your roos make it too-I am so excited about mine as well. His crest is very large already, and it makes his comb floppy, but his color is beautiful! GROW, chickies, GROW!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom