Cream legbars

EggsAreMyJam

Chirping
Jul 26, 2018
Got a couple straight run cream legbar chicks. I think they are both males. Can someone help me confirm this?
20180726_175537.jpg
20180726_175532.jpg

Ccl are autosexed so I don’t know why they would sell you straight run.
I was thinking the same thing after I looked into them a little more. I was also hoping since they were so easily sexed whoever sent them to us would have at least been kind and sent at least 1 female. We paid 10$ each and got 2 males we are a bit disappointed.

I was thinking the same thing after I looked into them a little more. I was also hoping since they were so easily sexed whoever sent them to us would have at least been kind and sent at least 1 female. We paid 10$ each and got 2 males we are a bit disappointed.
I really don't understand how anyone can legitimately sell CCLs straight run! There is a huge difference between male and female. I would definitely complain, because there is no reason for them to send you 2 males! I got my original CCLs from a local breeder and then added some from Greenfire Farms. I've also bought fertile eggs and hatched them many times. Always easy to tell them apart. :hugsI would write to them first and send them the photos. Then call them and :rant:rant. That $10 price is odd. I've paid $35 each for my day old CCL pullets, and sold them for the same price.

I really don't understand how anyone can legitimately sell CCLs straight run! There is a huge difference between male and female. I would definitely complain, because there is no reason for them to send you 2 males! I got my original CCLs from a local breeder and then added some from Greenfire Farms. I've also bought fertile eggs and hatched them many times. Always easy to tell them apart. :hugsI would write to them first and send them the photos. Then call them and :rant:rant. That $10 price is odd. I've paid $35 each for my day old CCL pullets, and sold them for the same price.
I had someone suggest that who I bought from more than likely had a ton of males to offload and Marked the price down and listed them as straight run selling the chance to get a female. I'm inclined to believe it from everything I have read and am hearing.

Back
Top Bottom