Cream Legbars

Thank you! Here is one of two of my laying grls here. They will be going into the beeding pen wih the other 2 cream legbars once they get over the uri. We are using tylan antibiotics like our vet said and it's been almost a week and they are still sneezing and gurgling, just not as bad. Do I just keep giving them the antibiotic till the signs are all gone? Here is a pick of 1/2 of mylaying girls here I
bought them for 10$ each from someone cause they were moving and had to find them new homes.

Nice birds! All these pics make me excited to pick up some CL chicks to raise later this summer.Wish I had the time now but I've got too many projects going on at once around here.

Quote:
They are really nice birds. (Wish I lived closer to GaryDean26!)

Lol...I wish I could make a Saturday morning chicken run to Southern Cali. It would be nice to be closer.
Whhooo Hoooo -- you got REALLY good birds.

thumbsup.gif

This pair were from hatching eggs I got from Lonnyandrinda early in the year. I got four cockerels and four pullets in the hatch. TherryChicken's cockerel was about the best bird in the hatch. I am glad that she got his as she is going to be breeding Legbars.

Quote:
...It hit 108 degrees..

We hit 105 degrees on Friday. My wife spent two hours setting up fans, setting up additional shade, cool water, etc. and we still lost our first chicken of the year to heat. We hit 108 on Saturday and everyone was okay.

We hit 105 degrees on Friday. My wife spent two hours setting up fans, setting up additional shade, cool water, etc. and we still lost our first chicken of the year to heat. We hit 108 on Saturday and everyone was okay.
Its not a problem we get much of over here in England - but I remember reading that someone froze fruit and veg in big bowls of water and let the birds peck at them, and also put shallow trays of water for them to stand in. Sounded plausible and might be worth a try

Quote:
. . . . This pair were from hatching eggs I got from Lonnyandrinda early in the year.  I got four cockerels and four pullets in the hatch. TherryChicken's cockerel was about the best bird in the hatch. I am glad that she got his as she is going to be breeding Legbars. . . . .

You know what's really scary? From looking at the pictures, I thought TherryChicken's birds might have been from Lonnyandrinda. Do we already have strains so recognizable? :)

You know what's really scary? From looking at the pictures, I thought TherryChicken's birds might have been from Lonnyandrinda. Do we already have strains so recognizable? :)
I guess so...I know that ChicKat was able to pick Robin out of a flock photo I posted too, and I picked out a cockerel posted on facebook as mine that I later found out that they got from someone who got hatching eggs from me.

Last edited:

I guess so...I know that ChicKat was able to pick Robin out of a flock photos I posted too, and I can picked out a cockerel posted on facebook as mine that I later found out that they got from someone who got hatching from me.

Woohoo I have my own line now!
yesss.gif
Haha not really I haven't been breeding them myself long enough but that is really cool the different strains are so recognizable! Puhi's eggs are all packed up ready to go to Hawaii tomorrow morning! Gotta spread those Cream Legbars from coast to coast!

I have got allot of variance in color. I just took some pics of the crew, here they are. First up is the cream looking male. He is ten weeks old today.

Next up is one with a rusty color coming into the adult hackle feathers. He is 8 weeks old.

This one is also 10 weeks old but is showing a yellowish gold barring in the adult hackles. Although in this light they look darker.

These are two pics of the 9wk old that is a giant compared to the rest. hes the one that surpassed and grew way faster than all the others.

Here are more pics of the odd ball Black Breasted Pullet. Now her chest is black. and if you notice how the adult feathers coming in on the base of the neck has really light almost white barring. She always had gold feathers but now that the adult feathers are coming in they look diffrent.

Bonus pic of my male Crevecouer

These are not the pack that whipped me out these two live at the bottom of the mountain down by the subdivision .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom