Cream Legbars

I got the ladies on Halloween weekend so they're about 4 months old. The cockerel though, I've had him since August. He's seemed to develope slowly though and he is on the small side.

It's been a while since I posted any pictures of Sunny, Cher, Luna, and Stormy so I took some today. Cher never developed a crest but Stormy and Luna have nice ones :)

Luna looks rather grumpy in this one lol

Sunny didn't really want his picture taken but I managed to get him a couple times.

thanks for the wintry pics...I'm going to post them in my coops for some "visual relief" from our 80 degree plus February heat wave...

I have three cockerels. I am not sure I like any of them. They are about 19 weeks. These are some of the problems I see. I am sure there are more but this is what I see with a very untrained eye..

I will post pictures. I was hoping to keep two roosters but this seems like a lot to overcome. I can rehome them all and start over. I need some advice.

Rooster 1 (cull)
Droopy wings
Game Bird Body small build short back
Tail at 90 degrees
Good color
Comb is big and floppy

Rooster 2
Bad comb
Hardly any tail but angle looks good
Best body
Good color
Nice back length

Rooster 3 I want to cull this one
Bad comb
Droopy wings
Nice back length
Good color
Tail angle is good

Last edited:
I have three cockerels. I am not sure I like any of them. They are about 19 weeks. These are some of the problems I see. I am sure there are more but this is what I see with a very untrained eye..

I will post pictures. I was hoping to keep two roosters but this seems like a lot to overcome. I can rehome them all and start over. I need some advice.

Rooster 1 (cull)
Droopy wings
Game Bird Body small build short back
Tail at 90 degrees
Good color
Comb is big and floppy

Rooster 2
Bad comb
Hardly any tail but angle looks good
Best body
Good color
Nice back length

Rooster 3 I want to cull this one
Bad comb
Droopy wings
Nice back length
Good color
Tail angle is good

Going just by what you are typing, I would also say #1cull #2alpha #3beta. I say go with your instincts. But taking a few good photos of each to post for review would be best. It sounds like they might be Rees line, yes?

Last edited:
Going just by what you are typing, I would also say #1cull #2alpha #3beta. I say go with your instincts. But taking a few good photos of each to post for review would be best. It sounds like they might be Rees line, yes?
Yes..... thanks, can they change much as they mature. When I post the pictures I will not refer to these observations so I can learn a thing or two.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom