Created Khaki Campbell gender?! I don’t know!!!

hensfordays

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2018
119D4758-25CD-49C3-93EC-2822BEA0573C.jpeg
62783FCC-1A5A-40E2-955C-5A165B631275.png
I have two khaki Campbell ducklings about five weeks old. I know it could be too early to tell what they are but I wanted to see if anybody on here new. I just found out that one of them is a crested because he has a tuft on his head.

I am going to guess, and you've got to go out and tell me if I'm right. I think the crested is male. I believe the other is male too, but I am less sure on that one. Now what you've got to do is go out and pick one up. If it honks or quacks loud and clear it's female. If it peeps or quaaaaaks it's male. Let me know what you find out.

I am going to guess, and you've got to go out and tell me if I'm right. I think the crested is male. I believe the other is male too, but I am less sure on that one. Now what you've got to do is go out and pick one up. If it honks or quacks loud and clear it's female. If it peeps or quaaaaaks it's male. Let me know what you find out.
Oh lord, that means I have to chase them around, but I am down to do that! If they are male I may not be able to keep them, so I am hoping they both honk at me extremely loud. ‍♀️

Oh quap! You can always wait a little longer since they're still kind of young, but quiet, raspy quacks are usually males. Khaki drakes also have olive bills and orange legs and a drake feather eventually. If they do both really wind up being drakes, at least now you know how to sex adult ducks of any color, so if you need to you can go out and get JUST females if you have the choice.

Back
Top Bottom