Creating Cuckoo Olive Egger

CG Farm

Hatching
Apr 23, 2023
I am wanting to create Cuckoo OEs. I plan on using my Golden Cuckoo Marans as the brown egger. What would be my best bet for female blue egger or does it matter since cuckoo/barring is dominant.

Any tips on creating this line is appreciated

What other birds do you currently have or are you planning on buying others to create what you want?

What other birds do you currently have or are you planning on buying others to create what you want?
Currently have black and blue copper Marans, of course golden cuckoo, Parrie Bluebell egger, Starlight green egger, and bbs ameraucana eggs on the incubator.

I do have the answer, I purchased some OEs from a guy 3 months ago and got 2 barred roosters from him. I know breeding those to my golden cuckoo hens will give me what I want, but I know the offspring’s aren’t guaranteed to lay Olive and not sure what his OE are mixed with and wanting to use my higher quality birds.

You could get barring on other bases, but then they would look more like crele. Barring hardly shows up with wheaten and blue present, so those are out.

Back
Top Bottom