Creative Countertop Issues That I Can't Find Addressed Anywhere... DIY *smh* 0.o

I will be sure to add lots of pictures, whenever, of course, I get done
gig.gif
hide.gif

Quote:
Ha! Glad to share smiles
big_smile.png

I unfortunately, am not a chicken owner...yet... (fancier for sure
droolin.gif
)
We have been working on our coop for the past few weekends, slowly but surely, she's a-comin' along. Someone told me it looked like a french chapel, hehe! I am stoked to be able to put a My Coop page up when it's all done!!

The counter-tops are ummm, getting there? I am working on an "end of the year" budget, which basically means, I can't spend anything until further notice....ahhhhhhh, they don't call it work fer nothin'. Fortunately, that will be about all I have left to do in mah office make-over
yesss.gif
I will have to share some before and after of the "non-counter" areas :0)

FYI- I used to have a restoration shop that specialized in old mahogany runabouts and sometimes we would be contacted to do bar tops.
You can do the fabric in epoxy- but use the correct epoxy, it needs to be a pour on 1 to 1 resin Here are the steps and you will needs glass mat roller

1- do a tack layer of epoxy on the counter (after it is sanded to a flat finish) and lay you fabric out, working the wrinkles out as you go. This is a messy process so wear gloves.
2- after the fabric is tacked (the resin will begin to grab and get real sticky) do a 1st pour over the fabric to fill the weave (this is where a mat roller will help- a brush will only introduce air bubbles that you will have to heat out)
3- let dry over night, then wash with a green Scotchbrite pad and water
4- After it is dry, do a second pour and let cure for 2-4 days.

If you have any air bubbles in the resin, you can take a hair dryer on high heat and slowly heat the area in a circular motion to help release the bubble (this will only work on bubbles 1-2 mil deep)

Hope this helps

FYI- I used to have a restoration shop that specialized in old mahogany runabouts and sometimes we would be contacted to do bar tops.
You can do the fabric in epoxy- but use the correct epoxy, it needs to be a pour on 1 to 1 resin Here are the steps and you will needs glass mat roller

1- do a tack layer of epoxy on the counter (after it is sanded to a flat finish) and lay you fabric out, working the wrinkles out as you go. This is a messy process so wear gloves.
2- after the fabric is tacked (the resin will begin to grab and get real sticky) do a 1st pour over the fabric to fill the weave (this is where a mat roller will help- a brush will only introduce air bubbles that you will have to heat out)
3- let dry over night, then wash with a green Scotchbrite pad and water
4- After it is dry, do a second pour and let cure for 2-4 days.

If you have any air bubbles in the resin, you can take a hair dryer on high heat and slowly heat the area in a circular motion to help release the bubble (this will only work on bubbles 1-2 mil deep)

Hope this helps

Thank you MrWoodBoat! I found this most helpful! I am not there yet, but I am sending some before/after pics of the main office area, 'cause I promised I would!

Here is a terrible photo of the front desk area - before

Here is what it looks like after

Here is a terrible photo of our conference before

.....aaaaand, here is after

Again, photos are horribly, terribly, just plain bad :)

Here is a close up of the artwork I did out of our raw material (plastic pellets)

Thanks! I had a $700 budget and made it in $550, so I am thrilled it was so cheap!!

Back
Top Bottom