Crested Australorp

View attachment 1239346 View attachment 1239349
Gosh her eyes look so yellow in this picture... so much for "orange".
Don't have a picture of the parents though.
She is all black and has green sheen to her feathers, she has slate legs and dark beak, Australorp body shape and the comb is ok, not floppy but... yellow eyes and the crest are a big problem. She is not a pure Australorp :confused:

She is all black and has green sheen to her feathers, she has slate legs and dark beak, Australorp body shape and the comb is ok, not floppy but... yellow eyes and the crest are a big problem. She is not a pure Australorp :confused:
Hmmm, okay... makes me wonder about my "marans" girls then. I'll post them on another thread.

I've had many cross bred birds that looked like a purebred of one bred or another. Every breed has certain characteristics to it, but just because a bird resembles a breed in one way or another doesn't mean it's purebred. Knowing where your birds come from and the parentage is the only way to ensure your birds are purebred. Chickens don't come with a pedigree, so you must know your source, and it must be a trusted source. Nothing wrong with a mixed breed bird.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/pure-marans-or-brs.1217127/
Here is a better pic of my hen.
IMG_0847.jpg

Last edited:
You can see very well the crest in this picture. The eye color is brown and yellow.. also in the previous picture, you you see carefully you can notice that she has yellow eyes with some brown pigmentation inside. By the way I love her sheen color in the plumage!
Thank you! I love it too.

Back
Top Bottom