Crested Pekin life expectancy

KaleIAm

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jul 13, 2015
Carnation, Wa
My crested Pekin is 4 or 5 years old, and has never been healthy. She had a rough start in life. When I found her she was abandoned, most of her flight and tail feathers were broken and stained with blood from over mating with wild mallards. I have had her for the last 3 years, and she has had one health issue after another. She has had operations for impacted eggs and feather cysts, and continuous foot issues. I take very good care of her - her sleeping room is actually lined with bubble wrap with newspaper and bedding on top to make sure she has the softest cushion for her little feet.

My question is, how long do Crested Pekins usually live? Most of what I can find online says, "perhaps 5 years," but I would like to hear from someone who has actually had a Pekin hen for her entire life.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• thim.jpg
    thim.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 36
I think we have quite a few members who have crested Pekins so maybe you'll find your answer.

I also saw the life span of Pekins is around 5 yrs but I remember a few years ago a member who had a Pekin drake that was 12 not crested though.

Sounds like your girl has had a lot of TLC to have made it as long as she has with all the problems she has had.

Back
Top Bottom