***Crevecoeur Thread***

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicken boy sam, Jul 12, 2010.

1. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    I just can't believe the eggs up for auction aren't being snapped up! I think they are so cool! I can hardly wait for some pips & zips and some cute fluffy heads to hatch [​IMG]

2. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Quote:Well, watch out for the 4 - 5 week old mark. Just as their adult crest feathers start to grow in, there is a serious attack of the uglies! [​IMG]

3. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Quote:Well, watch out for the 4 - 5 week old mark. Just as their adult crest feathers start to grow in, there is a serious attack of the uglies! [​IMG]

Haha - the first time we got some started birds, they were about 6 wks old and my husband had picked them up in OH during a business trip. He brought them home and I messaged the seller right away to ask what the heck was wrong with these creatures?! They were just in their ugly phase lol. [​IMG]

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:congrats on the hatch, that was pretty good

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

You think this is ugly? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or this? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were actually slightly older than the first ugly stage....these were going through their molt--but in the heat of the summer! [​IMG]

6. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Our first little Creve hatched out today! I've thought it was cute since I first saw it this morning, but as the day has gone on, I'm just more and more loving this little puff ball!
    Just one Creve - the one on the far left. This one is from Rare Feathers. More hatching next week from exop.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Too cute! I really wish you were closer--I have 18 due to hatch on Tuesday!

9. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    How do they stack up compared to Polish as far as temperament? I have a little polish hen just because I HAD to have a bird with that wild hairdo but I'd rather have a Crev from what I've seen and heard.

10. Chickenshark

Chickenshark Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    I don't know since my only creve is a baby, but I do like our Polish. She's just loud. She talks about everything she sees & does during the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by