***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
Hi Crevie Folks!

Been a while (busy chicken summer!)...thought I'd post a few pictures of my crew...

My boy William looking handsome and his buddy Bowie photobombing him.

A few of the girls bedding down for the night...

William getting photobombed again...this time by the Orpington...

The rooster pen in their favorite perching spot (you can't see in the picture...but they sit and watch the hens next door all day.)

As you can tell by the above picture, I do have a couple extra cockerels available if anyone's interested, plus some breeding pairs. They all have at least a little red in their earlobes. I hatched more chicks than I expected this year and now my husband says I have to cut down the flock a bit. (Ah...he's the voice of reason...)

If you're interested, PM me.

Hi Crevie Folks!

Been a while (busy chicken summer!)...thought I'd post a few pictures of my crew...

My boy William looking handsome and his buddy Bowie photobombing him.

A few of the girls bedding down for the night...

William getting photobombed again...this time by the Orpington...

The rooster pen in their favorite perching spot (you can't see in the picture...but they sit and watch the hens next door all day.)

As you can tell by the above picture, I do have a couple extra cockerels available if anyone's interested, plus some breeding pairs. They all have at least a little red in their earlobes. I hatched more chicks than I expected this year and now my husband says I have to cut down the flock a bit. (Ah...he's the voice of reason...)

If you're interested, PM me.

When I see these group shots it makes me want to sing "What a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts!" I am so happy to see someone breeding and preserving the Crevies!

Hi Crevie Folks! Been a while (busy chicken summer!)...thought I'd post a few pictures of my crew... My boy William looking handsome and his buddy Bowie photobombing him. A few of the girls bedding down for the night... William getting photobombed again...this time by the Orpington... The rooster pen in their favorite perching spot (you can't see in the picture...but they sit and watch the hens next door all day.) As you can tell by the above picture, I do have a couple extra cockerels available if anyone's interested, plus some breeding pairs. They all have at least a little red in their earlobes. I hatched more chicks than I expected this year and now my husband says I have to cut down the flock a bit. (Ah...he's the voice of reason...) If you're interested, PM me.
Where are you located? How much would the shipping be to AZ?

Hi MzFitzDarcy!

Sorry for the delay...haven't been on BYC for a bit...I'll look in to shipping to you...can you PM me and we can chat more? Would love to send you some pairs if it'll work. Hope to hear from you soon!

One of my six month old cockerels. Trying to get some additional weight on him.

Last edited:
I think the red lobe is definitely something we're all trying to breed back in to the Crevecoeur...some of mine have almost a fully red lobe, but others have hardly any red at all. The cockerels seem to have more red in their lobes than the pullets...most of my girls have white lobes.

I'm going to show them in March and I'll have some better judge feedback by then, and I'm planning on breeding my boy with the best red lobes later this spring. I'll keep you posted if his kids have better lobes than him (he has better red in his lobes than his father.)

I like the muff and beard size on your boy that you took a picture of...if you'd ever be interested in trading birds to increase your genetic diversity PM me. I'm trying to get some new blood in with mine, and I'm looking to breed for better crests, beards and muffs if I can (along with the lobes.)

Thanks for sharing the photo! Love seeing everybody's Crevies! :)

Back
Top Bottom