Cristina, saying hello! šŸ‘‹šŸ»

Saviors4us

Chirping
Jan 31, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Iā€™m about a year in.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
16 - Well actually 78. But 62 are either about to hatch or recently hatched and have forever homes somewhere else. šŸ˜¬
0F9CEB90-FA26-454B-A4B0-F747C38AE47B.jpeg
41AE6644-2AC5-4DFE-8690-06F77F1AD921.jpeg

(3) What breeds do you have?
RIR (hens)
Australorp (hens)
Speckled Sussex (roo)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Childhood lessons for my kiddos. (But watching them football wrestle over treats is awesome!) šŸ˜‚

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Rabbits, pigs, goats. Oh, wait... did you mean like rock painting, and artsy things? šŸ¤”

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have a large family. Heā€™s the SAHP. Iā€™m a business analyst by day, superhero when Iā€™m not working. šŸ¦øšŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Iā€™ve been using the boards since I got chicks a year ago. I decided now that Iā€™m hatching itā€™s time to do more than take from a community thatā€™s been so helpful & give back if I can. Plus I have so many questions now that Iā€™m hatching my own. šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:
Hello, Cristina, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Did you hatch mixed breed chicks out of your flock? Did you sell the chicks or give them away?
I have hatched the mix from my flock. Iā€™m super excited with being able to do so! We are selling them (well, have sold) after looking at our local legislative requirements. Itā€™s been a smooth process, for the most part. šŸ„°

Yes! It is just that - a marathon. I was so crazy with these 12 and now that 50 are on the way (in 4 days), Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be another learning experience. šŸ˜³
Its chicken math. Ive got about 60 or so. Well then the quail too.... and more hatching this morning. This is a great community with alot of help and support your addiction. Lol
20210131_065753.jpg

Its chicken math. Ive got about 60 or so. Well then the quail too.... and more hatching this morning. This is a great community with alot of help and support your addiction. Lol
View attachment 2510030
Iā€™ve heard of chicken math! šŸ˜‰
Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t take long and weā€™ll end up with an acre of chickens! LOL! My brother told me my addiction could have been worse...I guess he doesnā€™t know chicken math yet. šŸ¤£
Congratulations on your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom