critique my silkies (not too harsh please!)

blue90292

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Rosharon, TX
so i got these two silkies for free and since i'm no silkie expert, just one that thinks they're the cutest ball of feathers, i'm hoping to get a better understanding of what makes then better quality. i'm figuring these guys are bearded. but the black bearded one's i used to own, you couldn't see their eyes at all. i'm figuring the cockeral should be a little more mulberry color, the pullet has feathers on her third toe, the cockeral does not....anything else??

thanks! and sorry the pullet is dirty, she loves to dust bathe.

5-1-07Picture005.jpg

5-1-07Picture004.jpg

5-1-07Picture003.jpg

5-1-07Picture002.jpg

5-1-07Picture001.jpg

Last edited:
They look like big poofs of cotton. I think their really cool.
cool.png
Are they as soft as they look? Almost look like a toy stuffed animal--->chicken
big_smile.png
Enjoy your new additions
frow.gif

This is what a good quality silkie should look like, its one of our birds. The hatchery silkies you have are very different.
DSCN1923abpdf.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous silkie, Neil!!! Blue, your silkies are what they call "pet quality" which is a nice way of saying they don't cut the mustard show-wise. But who cares? They're beautiful and they're yours! Be proud and love those sweeties to death. I just love silkies. (I have a black one that was crossed with a frizzle and, thus, she is a "sizzle"!) LOL

Beautiful... ENJOY Them!! We are raising some baby silkies right now... fun, fun, fun! Thanks for "Sharing"
smile.png

Your Silkies have great beards and decent foot feathering if you are looking to put the work out and find mates with larger crests For your own line those could be a nice starting point- They are PQ to some - Lots of silkie people buy the best lines they can afford and start this way -
Remember no matter what you start with
A pet is what you end up with !

Back
Top Bottom