critters in your bathroom?

dinahmoe

Songster
10 Years
Sep 19, 2009
central georgia
how many people have used their bathrooms for emergency housing for critters?
over the years i have had `puppies, kittens turtles,ducks, a piglet and obviously chickens.i know i am not the only one.my friends come over and say"how cute" while my family members say"thats' gross".i read this on someones sig. line-"the ones that matter don't mind and the ones that mind don't matter"
please share your stores and pics.

here is one of this years hatches.
41488_tub_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
I would use the tub for an emergency as long as everyone in the family agreed. Those babies grow so fast, they'll be out before you know it, or the smell will get you to get them out.
lol.png
I don't think it's gross.

I always spot this creature in my bathroom.............

941_queen_kiki_003.jpg

Wow, I LOVE LOVE that quote! I'd love to have that on my sig line, but wouldn't want to be a thief.
hide.gif

That's a great quote. I make hand painted signs as a hobby and I'm going to make a wooden sign with that and hang it on my coop!

Or in my messy house!

Love it.

The annoying small corner shower in the 6'x6' "master bath" is a great broody.

The other bath has the sliding frosty glass doors, that the dogs can't open, so Dawn Flea Washing time is in there... all three, slam the door and go to town... always interesting.

One winter while working on the ranch we found a new calf squashed into icy mud. He was completly covered, near death. Took him to the house, bathed him, medicated and fed him. It was 4 days living in our 2nd bathroom until he was stable and it was warm enough to take him back out.( Did I mention this was during an ice storm? ) We tried for 4 days to figure out which of the 300 cows was mom. No bawling on either end. No cow protective. On the 4th day we took " DIRT CLOD " out to the pasture to see what would happen, fully expecting to have a bottle baby, when to our total surprise he bawled and mamma barreled out of the herd to collect him. As miracles DO happen he nursed and they lived happily ever after. At least until spring round up!
hmm.png

micah

I went over a cottontail nest last year(MOWER).I was able to save 2 and kept them in a bird cage in the bathroom.Bottle fed them and then solid food until they were ready to be released.Unfortunately a cat killed them on the other side of the fence as we watched helpless the day after we put them out.Well I did run over and gave chase,but never could get the cat.It was a good experience until that moment.

Oh I am one of those "gross" people too!
big_smile.png
The way I see it, my house, my bathroom, my problem!! DH is used to coming home and finding sick or wounded, cats, kittens and of course chickens in the bathtub. We used to have one of those garden tubs with a separate shower, so that was the infirmary. Well we turned the tub into a nice roomy shower and the shower in to a cabinet. So................... poor DS knows to open his bathroom door very slowly when he comes home from school because you never know what Mom has put in there!!
lol.png

I only have one bath tub in my house- and it does sometomes get used as a temporary home for ducklings overnight sometimes...But I generally leave it empty so they they can just use it for swimming. I have a disabled house duck who needs a swim every day too.. So I have an almost permanent brooder set up in my loungeroom..( so much more entertaining than TV. ) and the young ones up to a week old are beside my bed- After that they get too smelly.

I grew up on a farm- and have always had a duck. Even when I lived in a tiny flat I still had a duck. It lived in the shower when I wasnt home and was allowed to go out the back on the grass when I was home. Lucky I was only there for 6 months- so by the time he was fully grown He didnt have long to wait for a proper home.

Back
Top Bottom