Crochet along Doily Join us

Kass I did but you don't have to. Yes you need to put the chain 3/sc in that space too. I crochet extremely tight and still the pattern was too full.

I used to crochet very tight when I only worked w/ thread. I'm afraid these years of yarn crocheting have given me bad habits (well bad as far as thread crocheting is concerned) I have tightened up my crocheting but this pattern is still frustratingly full. I am on my last full row of chain 3 / sc, and am not going to add the stitches I have removed. I will just count how many stitches I have on the final row and adjust so all the "scallops" are evenly spaced and equal size. I do not know how the patternmaker got all those stitches in AND had her doily flat for the picture.

I am used to "adjusting" patterns, not being much of a rule follower! lol

Last edited:
I am not making the doily, but I have enjoyed following along to see all of your great progress pics. One thing I noticed about the pattern picture is that it looks like the flowers on the outside all overlap petals a bit (they are not flat). Just a note of encouragement that I think you all are doing it right! Blocking at the end should help as well.
highfive.gif

Oh gosh...I'm still working on row 7 of the center. Which row is it that you all are having so many issues with? I am hoping blocking will fix those that I am experiencing.

I'm still on row 7 too. I lost my hook though... LOL I can't keep track of anything lately. So while I'm waiting, I made crocheted slippers with needle felted silkies on them.

Hard to see, but they're kind of 3-D.

Anyways, sorry for hi-jacking... LOL I'll find my hook tomorrow. I've got so many projects it probably got put in the wrong one.

Oh my gosh! I could cry. I just "finished" row 7 finally. When I looked back and the pattern to see where to join the row, I realized I did the whole row incorrectly. I didn't read it all, so I didn't see that part where you connect the loops. I'm not sure that I want to go back. I may cheat and stitch them together or I may just leave it as is and see how it goes. Darn, you think I'd learn this lesson by now.

Back
Top Bottom