Crooked beak gone. Possible beak job?

MammaBear

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
SW PA
I have a hen with a mild case of crooked beak. She is one of my favorites since she always comes to me and sits on my lap. This morning I was waiting for her to come over like every morning, and while I had a hen sitting on my lap, the beak was fine, maybe a tad long on the top jaw, but perfectly aligned. I was a tad worried so I started checking all my hens. I have 8 pure white hens and Beak was one of them. I checked them all and none had a crooked beak, so I counted and checked again. All 8 are fine. Yesterday, one of the girls decided it would be a good idea to fly into one of the dog kennels, and the Jack Russell thought she was getting a snack from heaven. I got to them before any real damage was done, however, it was one of my pure white girls. Could she have hit her beak and straighted it? How else could it have disappeared? Has anyone else had a cross beak heal itself? Could it have been dislocated earlier and fixed with the dog incident?

Ok, a miraculous recovery has not happened. I found her yesterday morning. While cleaning up our mess from finishing the new pig pasture yesterday, I picked up an over turned bucket and there she was. She had been stuck under that bucket for 2+ days. The poor little girl. She was so happy to be free, and very hungry!!!

Back
Top Bottom