Crooked neck duck. Need help

Please read! ...this mallard is my little buddy Jack . he was born the exact same as yours and I spent months researching and giving him vitamins .... Iron / nutridrench/ selenium/ poly v/ vitamin b1/ etc! He ate and drank fine ! He never flipped over . he had crusty gunk on his eyes and wasnt as active as he could be. Finally when I had the funds available and realized none of the methods I did worked ...i took him to a vet. I was prescribed antibiotics and eye drops . a week or so later he was so active and crazy I couldnt believe it. He is now almost 1 year old and he is healthy as can be. It is simply a deformity . he needs to be bathed every 1/2 days because with his neck like it is he cannot clean himself properly and dip his head good enough. Their eyes get like that because of this . also these are my pet ducks ...i keep their pen clean everyday . a dirty pen will cause him to just drag his little head around a ton of poop food water .... Not good. He needs just a bit of extra maintenance but he is a very happy healthy duck. He hasnt been able to accomplish mating or swimming because of his deformity. Please try eye drops and antibiotics . I felt like after awhile I was doing more harm then good by giving him all that different stuff! I just wanted to share my story with you because this is close to my heart . the label on the eye drops = bausch-lomb tobramycin ophthalmic solution 0.3percent. I dont have the old antibiotic bottle I wish I did but it is a common antibiotic for them .

Attachments

• 20190417_102328.jpg
    20190417_102328.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 28
  • FB_IMG_1543614303452.jpg
    FB_IMG_1543614303452.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom