Crop Impaction & Infection

I'm so sorry for your loss! You really did all that you could to try and help her. :hugsšŸ˜¢
Thank you, and thank you to everyone else as well. I've bookmarked all of the articles and threads shared with me so I'll be able to treat crop problems more efficiently in the future. We deal with physical injuries around here more often than illnesses, so sometimes I feel woefully under prepared when there isn't something obvious to treat. I still plan on deworming everyone sometime next week, just in case. I do think tube feeding was a big improvement for her receiving proper meds and fluids, despite her still passing. The Miconazole and Docusate is moving into the chicken med cabinet, and the ACS will be included in my order from Fertrell's so I can have it on hand as well.

She's now at peace buried under an old pine tree in our woods.

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. You fought long and hard to keep her with you, and she knew you loved her dearly. I cannot thank you enough for documenting everything youā€™ve done to help her, as I am now battling impacted crop for the first time, and this is very helpful. Best of luck with the rest of your flock, youā€™re an incredible chicken mama.

Back
Top Bottom