2015yellowcoop

Hatching
Jul 27, 2022
Crop issue ? Stress ? Send help ! She is 19 weeks
was on medicated feed prior to the 28th

I got my flock on the 21st

2 wound up being roosters and she was a replacement for one of the Roos

They had previously came from the same place
She came a week after the first ones came to my house (since she was a replacement for a roo)

I put her right in with our integrating since they has previously wen together at the store

She was acting normal Until 2 days ago

She has not started laying and was just sitting in the coop for 3 hours in the morning

She has been drinking water but not as excited about food as the others it seems like she looks around for it and pecks here and there not excited like I’m previous days

She was spending a lot of time in front of the fan the last few days (it’s been in the 80s here but the coop is under a tree so it’s significantly cooler in the coop ans run than the rest of the yard)

ALSOOO she doesn’t free range but I throw lots of little pebbles on there often and they pick pebbles out of the dust bath and I have only seen her readjusting her crop shortly after eating then she stops ( yesterday she has a few bites of a frozen banana and was readjusting after that)

Sorry for all the info trying to cover everything

Attachments

• 1D8D3AE7-EA85-420C-9025-49A52BD838E8.jpeg
    1D8D3AE7-EA85-420C-9025-49A52BD838E8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • F2E8442F-0225-4BF8-8BCB-69FD1C6EB45F.jpeg
    F2E8442F-0225-4BF8-8BCB-69FD1C6EB45F.jpeg
    723.2 KB · Views: 1
  • D0DA2A6A-E21A-466D-A0D7-83421D079EA2.jpeg
    D0DA2A6A-E21A-466D-A0D7-83421D079EA2.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 9B127B4B-70C8-47F6-B837-0C5EF28DD7A7.jpeg
    9B127B4B-70C8-47F6-B837-0C5EF28DD7A7.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 1
Can you feel of her crop to see if it is full and hard, doughy, or puffy soft? Then check it tomorrow morning at daylight before she has eaten or drunk anything to see if it has emptied. Has she been able to get food and water when she wants it without any bullying from the others? I like to keep water and feed available in multiple spots in case the low pecking order ones feel afraid to drink.

Can you feel of her crop to see if it is full and hard, doughy, or puffy soft? Then check it tomorrow morning at daylight before she has eaten or drunk anything to see if it has emptied. Has she been able to get food and water when she wants it without any bullying from the others? I like to keep water and feed available in multiple spots in case the low pecking order ones feel afraid to drink.

I’ll try to get a hold of her she isn’t the most comfortable with me .. but I’ll deff try and I love that idea with food and water in multiple places thanks!!

The best time to handle them and check something, lr to gepive d
medicine or treatments is when they are on the roost sleeping. Early morning just before daylight, or at night in the dark works. I have a dorky headlamp flashlight that has a red light which helps to sneak up on them to grab them off the roost.

So I brought another feeder out there and she look that time to get water and check out the additional feeder … when she went over to the new one one of the other ladies was biting at her tail feathers :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom