Crop not responding to treatment

Is it ok to do a molasses flush a couple days in a row?

Usually you just give it to the individual in a short period of time, this ensures they actually drink it or if needed you tube/syringe the solution into them.

1 teaspoon to 1/4 cup warm water is what you want to give as a flush.
As mentioned, flushes are generally syringed/tubed/given to the individual bird all at once.
I would not flush a bird more than 2X since flushes can be dehydrating.

As mentioned, flushes are generally syringed/tubed/given to the individual bird all at once.
I would not flush a bird more than 2X since flushes can be dehydrating.
UPDATE: I want to give an update on how Goose is doing. After days, and days, and DAYS of massages, extra syringed water, miconazole, stool softener, molasses and several other crop treatments we were getting nowhere. She had a doughy crop each morning, a large practically overflowing crop at roosting time and super watery diarrhea multiple times through the day and night. I started her on acidified copper sulfate 4 days ago and am relieved to report that her crop and stools are miraculously back to normal!

How did you administer the copper sulfate? I have a few currently having this issue and would love to try that.
I used 1/4 tsp of acidified copper sulfate in a gallon of water offered as the only drinking source for 10 days. I made up a new batch each day. It worked very fast to rid her of whatever she had going on!

UPDATE: I want to give an update on how Goose is doing. After days, and days, and DAYS of massages, extra syringed water, miconazole, stool softener, molasses and several other crop treatments we were getting nowhere. She had a doughy crop each morning, a large practically overflowing crop at roosting time and super watery diarrhea multiple times through the day and night. I started her on acidified copper sulfate 4 days ago and am relieved to report that her crop and stools are miraculously back to normal!
hi, i just came across this and i am going thru the EXACT same thing and have been doing exactly what you did. i was considering doing and epsom salt flush but i’m curious about the copper sulphate

can you pls tell me exactly what you did ? i have powder form of blue copper sulphate that i use for my horses is that the same stuff ? would appreciate any information !

hi, i just came across this and i am going thru the EXACT same thing and have been doing exactly what you did. i was considering doing and epsom salt flush but i’m curious about the copper sulphate

can you pls tell me exactly what you did ? i have powder form of blue copper sulphate that i use for my horses is that the same stuff ? would appreciate any information !
I ended up using the fennel seed tea, while waiting for the copper sulphate to arrive. It took 3 days, and she was clear!
Then the crop impacted again (I foolishly let her out to free-range). I used the tea again, and it cleared within a couple days

Back
Top Bottom