Cross breeds!!

Abesinger

In the Brooder
May 31, 2015
cleveland OHIO
hello!! I am on what u could call a mission for developing a "super bird" :)

I am planing to take all the positive traits of what I want.. which includes:

Fair egg laying, moderately quick growth, broody average-frequent, and finally (kinda goes along with fast growth) size

My flock consists of RSL's, light brahma (my only roo and one hen), Dorking's,Plymouth rocks and finally blue Cochin.. (All of these are standard size... Not a bantam fan XD)

Is there any combinations that would get what I'm looking for.. Color of the bird does not matter just my traits.. The genetic line could go on for 1-2 hatches after that that would take too long XD

Please let me know any good combinations with my light brahma roo and my hens. Like I said it could be.. For example Light brahma roo X RSL = whatever then you could take the offspring and beef back to parents or other hens.. (I hope I make sense)

Any way thanks who ever could help me :)!!!

hello!! I am on what u could call a mission for developing a "super bird" :)

I am planing to take all the positive traits of what I want.. which includes:

Fair egg laying, moderately quick growth, broody average-frequent, and finally (kinda goes along with fast growth) size

My flock consists of RSL's, light brahma (my only roo and one hen), Dorking's,Plymouth rocks and finally blue Cochin.. (All of these are standard size... Not a bantam fan XD)

Is there any combinations that would get what I'm looking for.. Color of the bird does not matter just my traits.. The genetic line could go on for 1-2 hatches after that that would take too long XD

Please let me know any good combinations with my light brahma roo and my hens. Like I said it could be.. For example Light brahma roo X RSL = whatever then you could take the offspring and beef back to parents or other hens.. (I hope I make sense)

Any way thanks who ever could help me :)!!!

Brahmas and Cochin are slow growers. I don't know how they do in crosses though. Might be something to look into.

Back
Top Bottom