Cross breeds!!

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by Abesinger, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Abesinger

Abesinger Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2015
    cleveland OHIO
    hello!! I am on what u could call a mission for developing a "super bird" :)

I am planing to take all the positive traits of what I want.. which includes:

Fair egg laying, moderately quick growth, broody average-frequent, and finally (kinda goes along with fast growth) size

My flock consists of RSL's, light brahma (my only roo and one hen), Dorking's,Plymouth rocks and finally blue Cochin.. (All of these are standard size... Not a bantam fan XD)

Is there any combinations that would get what I'm looking for.. Color of the bird does not matter just my traits.. The genetic line could go on for 1-2 hatches after that that would take too long XD

Please let me know any good combinations with my light brahma roo and my hens. Like I said it could be.. For example Light brahma roo X RSL = whatever then you could take the offspring and beef back to parents or other hens.. (I hope I make sense)

Any way thanks who ever could help me :)!!!

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

Brahmas and Cochin are slow growers. I don't know how they do in crosses though. Might be something to look into.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by