Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
I had to find out what Aloha chickens looked like. You're right acemario! They look kind of like the Swedish flower hens. Funny thing is that my birds are related to neither! They are all the way in Spain. It's not a project yet. I have to get back there first to work on them!

I had to find out what Aloha chickens looked like. You're right acemario! They look kind of like the Swedish flower hens. Funny thing is that my birds are related to neither! They are all the way in Spain. It's not a project yet. I have to get back there first to work on them!

Wow! Awesome. Are you from Spain? I am looking into attending IESE in a few years in Barcelona!

Im sitting next to my incubator right now watching mutt chicks hatch :) Roo is Wyatt the Red Star. The hens are Buff Orphs, Barred Rocks,and Red Stars.

Im sitting next to my incubator right now watching mutt chicks hatch :) Roo is Wyatt the Red Star. The hens are Buff Orphs, Barred Rocks,and Red Stars.

Awesome! I just hatched out an SBEL crossed with a blue marans roo, a Australorp crossed with a white leghorn, and a silkie hen crossed with a frizzle roo.

Im foxused on eggs right now because we just moved and i dont have a ptoper barn yet, but soon i definitely want some fancy eyecandy bird. Some frizzles and some polish :)

6152_img_1322.jpg

White Japanese roo with black cochin, and White Japanese roo with lavender cochin mix

Squeaky- Japanese/cochin
10663_img_8949.jpg

Quote:

I was just looking around on some of these older posts and found a lot of Japanese bantam and silkie crosses. ive bred my silkies and Japanese bantams 6 times now, and I see the same characteristics in my birds as I do in some of these older posts, like the black and white saddles and the marbled breasts. I just think its so neat!

I posted these babies back in January of this year when they were 3 weeks old... thought it would be neat for an update on these guys, now 10 months old! [quote url="[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6591314/[/URL]"] Woodstock Leven Mari Tilly Milkshake, who is molting! haha
[/quote] I love Leven! And milkshake looks like a yeti!

I'm on day 13 (with 13 eggs still going strong) of incubation of a backyard mix. Dad is a BR and the moms are RIR (hatchery), Australorp (hatchery), three that look just like the Australorp but are a backyard mix of ?, and a BR.

Back
Top Bottom