Cross your fingers - and hope for the best for me - I want to CRY!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by arllcountrygirl, Apr 14, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I have a GQF that I use for incubation but on day 18 - I move eggs to a little giant Styrofoam incubator. Well everything was going good.
    I have seremas, tophats, cochins, and blue australorps due to hatch. (today is day 18) [​IMG]
    I checked the temp and the humidity - everything was a go. Well this was around 10pm - I went on to bed. Well our oldest has been sick and woke me up crying - got up and got her medicine. Well by now I couldn't go back to sleep - went to check on chicks and eggs.
    And the thermometer was reading 110 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    this is at 1:30 am -- I am sooooooo scared I fried my babies [​IMG]
    It makes me sick to think about it. [​IMG]
    I quickly moved them to the bottom of my gqf bator - I turn it by hand so I don't have to worry about the turning squishing the eggs.
    I am afraid that I am too late to save anything. [​IMG] One egg had peeped but the chick didn't make it - I cooked it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't think I can go to bed now. [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    O goodness. Here's praying that your sick kid at least saved some.

3. SangaChicken

SangaChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Memphis
    I'm sorry. [​IMG] If it helps, know that there is no way you could have known this would happen and it isn't your fault!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Do the best you can...you could not have known this would happen or prevented it...you have to sleep too.

Remember that even feathered moms lose some. [​IMG]

5. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I've had mine shoot up 106 and still hatch out. So there is hope some will hatch.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  6. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Sending good hatching vibes your way. Hopefully you'll still get a decent hatch.

7. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    [​IMG] Hopefully you got them out of there in time. I've
    got my fingers crossed for you, I hope everything works
    out for the little ones! Sometimes chicks are tougher
    than we think...

8. arllcountrygirl

Thank you everyone - [​IMG]

9. arllcountrygirl

I candled the eggs a few min ago and I do have movement in a few of them - I couldn't tell on the top hats or the blue australorps. I am hoping for at least a couple of the blues, I have always wanted these and it took me a while to find them. [​IMG]

BTW - anyone want to by a still air little giant incubator? I do believe that I am DONE with trying to use it. It is just too touchy.

10. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    Quote:man i hatttte the lg's they are garbage. sending good vibes your way that you still get something good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by