Crossed beak chicken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

little chirpers

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Hi, Im new to this site and raising pet chickens!! I have a crossed beak chicken and its really bad....I got her when she was just a few days old and its been getting worse each week and shes 3 weeks old
sad.png
should I give her back to the breeder or keep her??!! I think she might suffer from lack of food, and the two others would be devistated if she left, what should I do??
hmm.png

Last edited:
If you want to spend the extra time you can nurse her along. You may have to give her wet mash later on, or feed her with an eyedropper or syringe -- I have a little one that came to me with a crossed beak -- his name is Edbird Scissorbeak -- He is still able to eat and drink as long as the feed and water dishes are deep enough, but he is not growing as fast as his straight beaked brother.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm sorry you're having this problem with your new chick. It's tough when you have just a few chickens and something like this happens to one of them.

You know that it's really you who will be so very sad to give this chick back. The other two chicks really won't care, may not even notice.

I think that if you can return this chick to the breeder then you should do so. At 3 weeks the other chicks should accept a new flock-mate fairly easily. A cross-beaked bird will need a lot of help & special tending to help it to thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom