Crossed beak

I bought a Red Star 6 months ago and shortly noticed she had this problem. I left it alone and she is perfectly fine. She might have to peck at the food 2-4 times to get it but other than that it doesn't bother her at all
smile.png

I suggest leave it
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes, just be carefull to not clip into the quick. Usually it`s easy to see, unless the bird has a dark beak. You can smoth it off with a nail file, if you want to, but it`s not needed. Usually they get along fine, but I wouldn`t breed her.........Pop

I would leave it alone if I could, but because there is no friction to keep it in check, so her top beak keeps growing is hooking back down so it is starting to interfere with her eating. I will watch closely for the quick. It sounds like clipping dog toenails Thanks, guys...

I used to have a golden comet just like this but sadly she was killed in a fatal accident.
hit.gif

But I just let her be and she lived a happy life!
smile.png

I have a silkie with a crossed beak. I trim it when it get really long because the top crooked bit sometimes gets caught on things. She eats fine and is a happy girl. I use dog nail clippers and take just a little bit at a time. Hopefully you can see it in this photo
74171_img_0163.jpg

Back
Top Bottom