Crossing Dark Brahma roo x with these hens, what will I get?

Sep 10, 2021
Ohio
I've crossed my Dark Brahma roo with my flock hens - will I have any new breeds or just barnyard mutts? I'm also not sure which eggs were hatched by my broody hen because she stole everyone's eggs to sit on. (Everyone started laying in the community floor nest when she went broody). Although the light one's markings do look like Colombian Wyandottes they could also come from the Dark Brahma. I've never done this before, and it's quite in-depth understanding of the genetics of chickens. The only one I'm sure of is the dark one and her egg was from my BCM. Also, the egg colors from the others were similar, as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
Photos attached: There are 3 pullets/cockerels - 2 white/black, 1 black; everyone has feathered feet.
Hens:
Colombian Wyandotte
Buff Brahma
Black Copper Marans
Barred Rock
Lavender Orpington
20220822_090657.jpg
20220822_091059.jpg
20220822_091709.jpg
20220822_090641.jpg
20220822_090705.jpg

I shudder to think about the upcoming goings on amongst my lil flock soon. It outta be a hoot: bantam cochins, welsummers, dark and light brahmas, turkens, assorted marans, buff orps. Not sure how many/which are roosters. I do know all the turkens should be and out of five brahmas ordered you KNOW they'll send some roos.

Oh well, let the games begin!

I've crossed my Dark Brahma roo with my flock hens - will I have any new breeds or just barnyard mutts? I'm also not sure which eggs were hatched by my broody hen because she stole everyone's eggs to sit on. (Everyone started laying in the community floor nest when she went broody). Although the light one's markings do look like Colombian Wyandottes they could also come from the Dark Brahma. I've never done this before, and it's quite in-depth understanding of the genetics of chickens. The only one I'm sure of is the dark one and her egg was from my BCM. Also, the egg colors from the others were similar, as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
Photos attached: There are 3 pullets/cockerels - 2 white/black, 1 black; everyone has feathered feet.
Hens:
Colombian Wyandotte
Buff Brahma
Black Copper Marans
Barred Rock
Lavender Orpington
View attachment 3231905View attachment 3231906
Good Day i hope everyone is doing well

kindly help, wat is the outcome of crossing the following hens with silver partridge brahma rooster

Golden laced Wyandotte hen + Silver partridge Roo =?
Blue Laced Wyandotte hen + Silver partridge Roo =?
Buff Orpington Hen + Silver partridge Roo=?
BSO Brahma hen + Silver partridge Roo =?

Black Orpington Roo+ Buff orpington Hen =?

awaiting your feedback

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.18.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.18.29.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 22
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.19.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 11.19.32.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 23
Good Day i hope everyone is doing well

kindly help, wat is the outcome of crossing the following hens with silver partridge brahma rooster

Golden laced Wyandotte hen + Silver partridge Roo =?
Blue Laced Wyandotte hen + Silver partridge Roo =?
Buff Orpington Hen + Silver partridge Roo=?
BSO Brahma hen + Silver partridge Roo =?

Black Orpington Roo+ Buff orpington Hen =?

awaiting your feedback
I'm new to chickens myself, but your chickens are gorgeous and even if they are all barnyard "mutts" they will be beautiful. Good luck with your new chicks. 🐣🐥🐔🐓

Hens:
Colombian Wyandotte
Buff Brahma
Black Copper Marans
Barred Rock
Lavender Orpington
View attachment 3231905View attachment 3231906View attachment 3231907View attachment 3231908View attachment 3231909

Link to the chicken calculator.
https://kippenjungle.nl/breeds/crossbreeds.html
This is a good way to calculate color outcome.
it doesn’t have every breed, and it definitely doesn’t have many color varieties.
The two light colored ones look columbian.
I'm pretty sure Black copper Marans are birchen. "E^R"(birchen/crowing). Someone let me know if I'm correct about that.

If you put a dark brahma rooster with barred rock hens, they will be sex link. Males will e black with a spot on their head. Females will be all black. Ove done it once.
Supposedly that works with cuckoo marans hens too (they loom very similar to barred rocks), but I haven't tried it.

Back
Top Bottom