Crowing 5 day old?!?!?!?!

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
Ok so I have one in this batch of babies from hatching 5 days ago that strains his neck up and crows???
Its not a real crow but not a "cheep cheep" either. I have never ever seen or heard this before!

ep.gif

Has anyone else had this happen before??!!

Is it a roo?

Don't know about dominant, but an Ameraucana crowed at five days and my Blue Orp/Buff Brahma, the blue one in the brooder now, crowed at seven days-both definite roosters! Wish they'd all declare themselves so early!

I know this way I could really sex them and know which ones to locate to a new home or eat...or the ones I can keep. Oh well I guess "buttercup" what the kids called him will be going to a new home. LOL!
Thanks so much speckled!

One of my Jersey Giant roos crowed his first crow when he was about 4 days old. DH heard it and came running up to me and said, "you're not going to believe this, but one of your chicks just crowed!" It was so funny so watch that little chick stretch out his neck and crow.
lol.png

I have had two orpie chicks give a crow in their first couple days. DH didn't believe me until I took him in and the little bugger belted one out right in front of him. LOL Too funny! I wish they were all so obvious.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom