Crud, we found a cat...

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
and I live on a college campus in an apartment where we cannot have cats, but this one looks like he was dumped. He is skinny and he has been declawed in the front feet. My room mate felt too bad to leave him there as he was meowing at everyone who passed on the path at the college.

So now I have no idea what to do. Do we bring him to the humane society? Who can we call before we get in trouble for having him? I think I'm going to talk to the RA and hope she will let us keep him in the apartment for one night until we can get him somewhere in the morning. Other than being a little skinny, he seems to be in good health. His eyes are clear and nose looks good. He is very friendly, but a little scared. Obviously we have no cat food in the apartment so I don't know what we can feed him until tomorrow. I might be able to stop at the store tonight for something, but I'm not sure.

Ugh...all I see is fines up the wazoo, but hopefully no one will find out until we get rid of him!

Take him to the nearest shelter, or cat rescue. Poor kitty, I'm glad she stopped to help him! Hope you don't get in trouble!

Check to make sure he is not missing, ask at the pound and look at local flyers and stuff. I lost a cat near URI a couple years ago and am still heart broken I never found her!! If he is declawed he must belong to someone!

also grocery stores carry disposable litter boxes for cheap, its like a box with litter already in it. I'm sure he knows what to do. that is if you can keep him for the night...

Poor kitty, it could be someones cat. I know you can't keep the cat around, but there are lost pet web sights.
http://www.lostfoundpets.us/
http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/
I hope you can bide some time. And if he was dumped, oh the words I could say to the person that did this.
duc.gif

Humane societies are high kill. I hope you RA has a heart, and you can find someone to take him.

Well we stopped to get him some wet and dry food and some cat litter. We gave him a little bit for tonight and he devoured it. Poor thing must be starving.

I'm pretty positive someone dumped him. Unfortunately students will just release pet cats when they get in trouble or can't care for them anymore. We are pretty sure he is neutered and definitely declawed, so hopefully he will find a good home. Anyone in South Jersey looking for a pet house cat? LOL

I also spoke with the RA and she said its no problem to keep the cat in the apartment for a few days. She also gave me the number of our local shelter. Hopefully it is no kill.

I'm hoping our kitty has a good ending. He's currently purring happily and rubbing against our legs!

Back
Top Bottom