Crumble or Pellets?

Lillahimed

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013
Sacramento
Hi all! Just curious whether you feed your chickens pellets or crumble and why. I am having a hard time figuring out which to feed the chickies
idunno.gif

Hi all! Just curious whether you feed your chickens pellets or crumble and why. I am having a hard time figuring out which to feed the chickies
idunno.gif
Pellets work well depending on the age of your birds. I prefer what some mills call a "mini-pellet" that is organic. Birds tend to ingest them easier than the large pellets. Birds don't like crumbles once they are reduced to powder, and I've seen some powdery crumbles being sold out there.

I'll second smaller pellets. my feed says "pellet size suitable for bantams" and it never clogs my hopper like full size pellets did

like previous comments i switch my cochins to pellets to lessen waste...they didnt like the powder of the crumbles only like the actual crumble so switching to pellets made them happy and they were trying to bill out the powder.

the cochins eat Nutrena's Naturewise all flock pellets which are a smaller pellet and i hear bantams eat this well so i hope t switch my serama and d'uccle's over to these pellets as well once their bigger

Back
Top Bottom