Crumbles or pellets?

I am new to raising, so my opinion may not be worth much... I switched to pellets, then bought a bag of crumble. Mine girls like the pellets better and I have a better idea that they are eating enough with the pellets as well. I am mixing my crumbles in with the pellets to get rid of it then will be straight pellets. Sounds like it is just what your flock prefers...

I agree. It's totally up to the flock. I'm going to pick up a small bag of pellets today and mix it with their starter to switch them gradually and to see what they do with the pellets. If they like them, we'll go with the pellets.

I'm having the same problem. I can't return the huge bag I bought; we took some out to try. Looks like I'm going to make my own crumbles. About the % of crumbles, is the higher number chunckier than the lower % is smaller?

Crumbles are just 'crumbled' pellets, part of the manufacturing processes.
Not sure what you mean about "% of crumbles".
Nutrition percentages should be listed on tag sewn into bottom of bag.

I'm having the same problem. I can't return the huge bag I bought; we took some out to try. Looks like I'm going to make my own crumbles. About the % of crumbles, is the higher number chunckier than the lower % is smaller?
If you are talking about protein (%) with this symbol. The crumbles are the same size 16%-18%-20% is percentage of protein. GC

Back
Top Bottom