Crummy sad lousy day

I lost my RIR rooster that way! I am sorry to hear about your hen.

I wonder if we could weight those milk crates down under the water...since they are plastic?

Nancy

Im sorry
thats my one friend was building on to her chicken choop and had the birds in cages on the floor and well there was a really bad rain and it flooded the barn and killed like ten of her birds it was very upseting

Susan, I'm so sorry you had to find your sweet hen like that. I'm very new to chickens and BYC and wonder, do chickens of every age need to be protected from deep water? How deep is too deep? I would never have thought about this without your post. Hopefully your willingness to share this story will save many many people from going through the same heartache. God bless you today and lift your spirits.

Backintime, yes, chickens of all ages need to be protected from water.

I think how deep of water depends upon the situation. I've known of birds to be lost to water which only came halfway up their body. I don't want to get into sad details in this thread, but that gives you some idea.

Sorry about Ariel.

A board with 1x1s nailed to it for steps would work. It would have to be long enough so that horses/cows (whatever you have) couldn't knock down into the water.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. It is obvious how much she meant to you. Don't beat yourself up, we do everything we can to protect our "family" but there is always something that we just cant predict. Your a good chicken mom. Hang in there!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom