Crushed Garlic in Waterers for Wormer?

Msbear

Fancy Banties
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Sharpsburg, MD.
I read this on the OEG message board and wondered if anyone here has tried it. Some say they buy garlic oil at the health food store and pour a bit in the water... the oil should collect down in the drinking tray.. also that folks add cayenne pepper to it.

Hi,
frow.gif

never heard of it as a treatment for worms, but I put a few cloves of garlic in my waterers as garlic is a natural antibiotic, is reputed to help prevent respiritory diseases and acts as an all round tonic for the heart and blood.... the chickens love it and gravitate to the garlic one.

You can also add some cider vinegar to help guard against cocci and I have heard of people using cayenne pepper and diatemous earth (de) for worms.

Some people also say cayenne pepper is great to help POL chickens start laying and for those who are slow to start again after a moult, I guess as long as you are only using a bit, if it doesn't do any good it certainly will not do any harm!

Lots of people here use natural remedies for their flocks, I am sure you will receive a wealth of knowledge from some of the old hands
big_smile.png

Yup, helps worm too. I believe it's the sulfur (I think that's the stuff) in the garlic that makes worms wanna leave their cozy gut home. It basically creates an unfavorable environment. Cayenne pepper does something for membranes and blood vessels to do... something. Very vague answer... I know. lol. I can't fully remember what both do.

Back
Top Bottom