Crying Indian Keep America Beautiful

Am I the only one in Tennessee that has seen that ad? It is pathetic how people litter here, not to mention burning EVERYTHING that doesn't end up on the roadside. We live along the Trail of Tears too!
My husband is 1/4 Blackfoot, and he does look like it- except he can grow a beard in a day
tongue.png
Our 2 youngest have the bone structure and dark eyes as well.
What beautiful people Native Americans are. Today, of all days, we really should celebrate them.

Thanks for this thread!

this was a valuable lesson for my 5 kids when they were growing up. If they attempted to throw something out the car window, I would always ask, "Do you want to make the Indian cry?" and they never did. I LOVED that commercial, they need to bring it back. He was the most dignified man, Indian or otherwise, I always thought.

I remember that add well.
Unfortunately it's a complete farce. I've been on a few hunting trips to Canada where we had Indian guides. They were the worste litterbugs I have ever seen. When they were done with the wrapper of a candy bar or pack of cigarretes they just threw it on the ground no matter where we were. There villages were as bad as a big city slum. I know they have a ton of excuses, but to me trashy is trashy and there is no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom