CT here? Anyone else?

Quote:
Okay---
let me try again.....

Come on!! Someone here HAS to NEED a NN Rooster!
lol.png
lol.png

Hi everyone. I'm also from CT. And I do know a couple of you, like Hen! We have a lot of chickens, too many to count! Most are polish though. We did get chicks from MMH, most of which died because of that disease that was going around. We have about 6 left out of 44. But have another order coming in from our local feed store, and we also have 13 ducks that are about 7 weeks old now. I would love that NN rooster! We have one from MMH, he's about 5 or 6 weeks now, and is adorable! Can't wait to meet all you CT chicken people at chickenstock!

Do you know when that order is coming? Just curious in case they have other chicks........or ducks......

I was just there yesterday, and she wasn't sure when my order was coming in, but the next order is coming in on the 21st, you may have to double check though, she wasn't quite sure. They are getting both chicks and ducks, and possibly khakis!

Quote:
Oooooooo! She still has my number! I need more ducks like I need a hole in my head.

I should go and take some pictures of our blue swedish, they're only about 6 weeks and are already all feathered out. How are yours doing?

Quote:
Oooooooo! She still has my number! I need more ducks like I need a hole in my head.

I should go and take some pictures of our blue swedish, they're only about 6 weeks and are already all feathered out. How are yours doing?

Growing like crazy. I just moved the almost 7 week old chicks to the basement. I'm kicking my pug out of his big crate. He can stay in his travel crate for a few days. The ducklings will move into his big crate. We picked up a Freecycle dog house Sunday afternoon. We need to build a pen and then ducks will be set to move out once they are all feathered out. They're just over 3 weeks and don't seem to be getting new feathers yet. They're definitely much bigger though. I'd love to see pics of yours!

I'm in chat if you want to pop in and talk more!!

Last edited:
I was told the chicks will be ready today. I'm at work waiting for the phone call to come and pick up.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I am so excited as I'm sure many of you know the feeling to becoming a mommy hen.
Glad to see lots of owners in Connecticut. Does anyone ever go to the Bridgewater fair? I need a chick sitter for November and for January. Maybe someone in the 4-H could help me out. I'm staring out with six hens, but trying to decide about a rooster
hmm.png

All for now - I'll take pictures.

Last edited:
DE locally?
Hi have any of you been able to find food grade DE locally? I'm trying to find it online but it's so heavy i'll end up paying a lot in shipping. Anyone found a decent site? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom