Cuckoo Marans - Hen or Roo?

I just did a little more research. Looks like egg color will tell me once the time comes. I got them from TSC labeled as French Cuckoo Marans, but I’m reading that barred rocks are similar, but have yellow legs. Interesting to say the least.
:hmm That makes me more suspicious, French in a Maran name means that they have feathered legs, no feathers there, thinking you got some BR's

:hmm That makes me more suspicious, French in a Maran name means that they have feathered legs, no feathers there, thinking you got some BR's
Thanks for the input! I’m curious to watch the look develop with growth. I’m thinking jarred rock too now that I’ve looked more. I guess I’ll wait and see if I end up with ‘chocolate’ eggs or not!

I don’t know.. they aren’t super pink but not very yellow either. I’m anxious to see what the egg color tells me.

Attachments

• 6A60C2B9-F535-471D-8CEC-FA0D5D9B3ACA.jpeg
    6A60C2B9-F535-471D-8CEC-FA0D5D9B3ACA.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
I don’t know.. they aren’t super pink but not very yellow either. I’m anxious to see what the egg color tells me.
My profile picture (whatever you call it) is an English Cuckoo Marans which is a clean legged variety. French Marans have feathered legs. They both should have kind of a white colored legs.

Back
Top Bottom