cuddly chicken stories- yours welcome

Poo Shoes

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 20, 2009
i have a blacksex link hen name of Grace (actually Gentle Gracie Goodhen) that is one year old. she has always been a sweetie but lately its like she has fallen head over heels for me. if i go out she runs to me. when i go in in the morning she gets as close to me on the perch as she can. or sometimes spreads her wings and teeters toward me as if asking to be picked up. when i do she either lays her neck and throat heavily on my arm and dangles her head over the arms edge with eyes closed in total relaxation. or she will close her eyes and just sink her head down deep in her back fluff eyes closed. She totally loves being petted hard down her neck and back and also likes her wattles massaged and rubbed. i can't believe how affectionate she is. anyone else with cuddly chicken stories? i just love that chicken.

Poo Shoes from Poo Shoe Farm

I have a cuddley duck.....I think he stalks me, lol
I can't walk, he trippsme, nibbles my leg, gives me the look...u know...the look!

My one hen Gumby also is like that but not as bad as gary the duck!

We have a big rooster who is the nicest chicken in the world. He loves being picked up, cradled, pet, etc . . . I think he tries to get himself hurt sometimes so that I'll take him out of the coop and he can sit on my lap while I doctor him. He likes falling asleep in my lap.
Also, I'm not sure if this is affectionate or just energetic, but one of our three week old chicks likes to jump onto my shoulder or head and use me as a diving board!

I have a little 2 week old chick, which I still don't know the exact breed. But it loves to lay on my stomach when I'm laying down on the couch and just fall asleep. He/She will stay there for the longest time and never move or peep. When I go to put he/she back in the coop, it starts to jump back up my arm so it can stay.

My Barred Rock is super sweet. She follows me around and jumps up on me if I am sitting down. She loves jumping up on my shoulder. I don't know if she will be able to do that as she gets bigger..lol.
My other Barred Rock is the same way. He is such a cute little guy! He loves to sleep on my stomach. He also gets jealous if I pet my other chickens. They both are absolutely the cutest and sweetest birds ever.

I have a buff orpington chick named Butterscotch (my avatar) who is the calmest and sweetest chick ever. She dosnt mind being picked up or handled at all. She loves to perch on my shoulder/arm/lay in my lap. She is my fav.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Gobbles, my speckled sussex is a sweetheart. I only realized how much she likes to be held this morning, when she was chirping loudly. She would not shut up until I picked her up. She sat down in my hand and was totally quiet while I stroked her chest. I love Gobbles - she's so awesome!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom