Cull him, or wait for protection?

Pics
You could have killed him in the time it took to do those things.

Quite a few of us have given you advice, mostly saying the same thing: get that rooster killed and be done with the matter. Butcher him & eat him, or throw away the body, or bury the body, whichever works for you.

I know how it is to be busy and overwhelmed.

I also know how to drop everything when a kid starts vomiting on the couch, or when someone hits their head and needs to be taken to the emergency room, or when an animal gets injured and needs to be put down to end their suffering.

I think your rooster has reached the point of being almost that urgent.
No, i came for advise of how to do it, to atleast not be wasteful of a life and a kill. Not if i should or when i should, and be judged if it wasn't as quickly as yall would've done it. He has been a beloved pet up until this point, so it don't feel right to just treat him as trash for simply being a rooster. Chickens might be disposable and a dime a dozen to most, but I'm not the one to have no respect or remorse for their life and death. I've stated this more than once. It's unfortunate that he misbehaves and it frightens my children, but this pushy judgy crap is uncalled for and off topic.
You could have killed him in the time it took to do those things.

Quite a few of us have given you advice, mostly saying the same thing: get that rooster killed and be done with the matter. Butcher him & eat him, or throw away the body, or bury the body, whichever works for you.

I know how it is to be busy and overwhelmed.

I also know how to drop everything when a kid starts vomiting on the couch, or when someone hits their head and needs to be taken to the emergency room, or when an animal gets injured and needs to be put down to end their suffering.

I think your rooster has reached the point of being almost that urgent.
Well see, that's the thing. I came here for advice of how to go about doing it, not if and how fast i must, other than if i should aquire another roo first for protection of the flock. Which i appreciated those topic specific replies. I took them in a decided it may not be the best option afterall. Or atleast the quickest option for me. Then because i mentioned something other than immediate culling and processing, or immediate culling and disposal, or because i hesitated, i was attacked as a mother. All these pushy judgy comments are uncalled for. I'm pretty sure some fear of a chicken isn't "that" urgent enough for this drama, and prolly isn't urgent enough to be top priority in mine and my children's lives, and/or for their well being.

Are you waiting for blindness?
No. The waiting, again, wasn't intentional. Saying who, what, where, when, why, and how is easy. Actually doing it, not so much. My procrastination led to this, I'm very well aware. No need to rub it in. The problem is solved for the time being, and my kids are "safe" to your standards, so no need to continue this..

Good. Does it give the bird quality of life as well?
He is in a dog kennel with food, water, and open floor. I will put him back in the coop to roost at night and put him back in the kennel during the day. So if not allowing him to continue to free range and breed is poor quality of life, no, it doesn't give him a quality life like he's used to.

Back
Top Bottom