Cure for a lonely Pekin duckling?

Your duckies are too cute Grace! I see what you mean by motherly figure because my older duck seems to be very protective of the little ones. They've only known each other for about a day and they're already snuggling.

They look absolutely precious!! So glad for you.. my Pekin is a little clumsy, but seems to be very specially aware of the little one.

Your duckies are too cute Grace! I see what you mean by motherly figure because my older duck seems to be very protective of the little ones. They've only known each other for about a day and they're already snuggling.

Thats adorable!!! Your older baby must be so happy to have friends
1f60d.png

Thanks everyone! I'm planning on moving my duckies outside tonight. The coldest that I think it is going to get is low-mid 40s during the night, then it will warm up the next couple days. I don't think that my older duckling will have much of a problem with the cold because he's already partially feathered. The little ones are only 10 days old though, so I'm making sure that there's going to be adequate enough heat, considering open windows. I have a 250 watt heat lamp that I can use to warm the ducklings up while they're outside. I also have a portable heater that I can use as well. Any suggestions as to what I should use? I just want to make sure that they're as comfortable as possible.

Depends on what kind of heater, anything with fumes is a no no.

That is a lot of heat with a 250 heat lamp so where ever you put it be very careful. and make sure they can get away for the heat if they want to. At 10 days they still do need some heat. around 80* so if you can put a thermometer in there so you can keep up with how warm.

I kept a heatlamp. I tripple tied it up so no accidents could happen... no fires and i knew it couldnt fall.
I used a 250 heat bulb.
And the area was large enough that i kept the heated corner around 80 and they could get as far away or as close as they chose .

Back
Top Bottom