Curled toes in two week old chic

StephJack

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2022
South Carolina
Happy Earth Day All! I could use some guidance. I’m upset that I didn’t identify this sooner but hope there is still something I can do to help her. I’ve seen “tape splints” wondering what y’all think I can do to help with this chics foot. I brought her home from TSC two weeks ago, everything appeared fine at that time. I noticed a few days ago when I picked her up that her toes were curling but thought it was more of a nervous responses. The birds ari. In a crate with a pine shaving floor same as all my other birds. Any advice? Thoughts? Thanks much!!

Last edited:
0B71585C-D07A-4DF6-B51C-F0086C79136F.jpeg

Dissolve one tablet each day in its water to strengthen legs and nerve connections. Any excess consumed will just be pooped out in the urates. If the chick balks at drinking it, add a little fruit juice such as cranberry juice.

Dissolve one tablet each day in its water to strengthen legs and nerve connections. Any excess consumed will just be pooped out in the urates. If the chick balks at drinking it, add a little fruit juice such as cranberry juice.
Thank you!!! I have a quart jar chick waterer, so I'll dissolve one B-50 tablet a day in a quart of water. I change it out each morning and evening, and give plain water in the evening, so it will get 12 hrs of treated water a day. I'll do that for a week. If that doesn't sound good please let me know.

Can she walk at all?

I'd try taping them as suggested.
Hard to tell if they are Curled Toes or Crooked Toes. There's a difference between the two.

Give her 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily as well.

Hopefully you can correct the toes and she will do just fine.

@Wyorp Rock @azygous Not sure who else to tag. I don't know the answer, but I can bump this for you.
Thank you 😃
Can she walk at all?

I'd try taping them as suggested.
Hard to tell if they are Curled Toes or Crooked Toes. There's a difference between the two.

Give her 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily as well.

Hopefully you can correct the toes and she will do just fine.
she is actually getting around okay, obviously worried about integrating her to the rest of the flock when she’s old enough and how it might affect her as she gets bigger. I added Rooster Booster to their water but will get some additional B vites for her. Thanks so much for your help 🙏

Back
Top Bottom