Curly feathered button?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by xxSonja, Nov 10, 2010.

1. xxSonja

xxSonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Ok i have a 6 week old silver/ivory?(he is solid silver in colour, no pattern, with a pinkish underside. His father is the exact same) button chick who appears to have curly feathers. Sorry i cant upload a pic.

Im wondering if he is a true Curly or if he is suffering from a lack of something?
    All my birds get gamebird starter crumble, with some seed mixed in once a week, plus treats like broccoli, boiled egg, every few days.
    I have noticed he seems to be a slower developer as he still has head fluff and still quite small.

I normally keep them outside as we have a good climate for them here, but have been keeping them in the shed alot lately as we've been having Alot of rain and flooding, so that may be a factor. There are windows and lights on during daylight hours though.

So what do you guys reckon?
    Am i missing something?
    And does anyone have pics they can show of their Curlies?
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:There are curly feathered buttons, though I don't have any pics. It could just be that the feathers are growing weird. On another thread someone mentioned that too-high protein can cause their feathers to grow like that, but they should straighten out when they molt into their adult feathers. I guess you'll just have to wait and see [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by