Current Internet Theory

Pics
This whole thing is way out of hand. It went from backyard chickens are being fed tainted feed, to farmers have been feeding tainted commercial feed. It was Dumor & Producer's Pride & then went to all of Purina. Today I viewed a guy on Youtube reading the Nature's Best statement on their feed & saying Nature's Best manufactured the feed at TSC & were covering their butt. Where will it all end? If my chickens weren't laying since last June, I would have done more digging before now. Whisper down the lane at its best. There might be a problem with the feed but find out before you trash everybody.

Worst part is its taken over my youtube suggestions. I follow literally 1 chicken channel and new I barely have any good suggestions because it's all tinfoil hat chickens

This entire episode has really become a phenomenon and a prime example as to how a social media urban legend is born.

Something I’m seeing now is a strong Mandela effect among the proponents that insists this theory has been taking the backyard chicken community by storm since last August. When challenged that this theory didn’t exist until January 2023 thanks to some specific YouTube videos and requested for proof to show such theory being discussed since August 2022, the response is an angry “I know what I’ve been reading since then and I don’t have to prove anything to you.”

I suspect the people claiming they’ve been reading about this since August of last year are sincere but mistaken, with the power of suggestion conflating the typical “why aren’t my hens laying?” posts that happen every year after the summer solstice with this theory, and now that the two are combined there is no separating them in the minds of the believers.

I suspect the people claiming they’ve been reading about this since August of last year are sincere but mistaken, with the power of suggestion conflating the typical “why aren’t my hens laying?” posts that happen every year after the summer solstice with this theory, and now that the two are combined there is no separating them in the minds of the believers.

Well-analyzed.

This entire episode has really become a phenomenon and a prime example as to how a social media urban legend is born.

Something I’m seeing now is a strong Mandela effect among the proponents that insists this theory has been taking the backyard chicken community by storm since last August. When challenged that this theory didn’t exist until January 2023 thanks to some specific YouTube videos and requested for proof to show such theory being discussed since August 2022, the response is an angry “I know what I’ve been reading since then and I don’t have to prove anything to you.”

I was thinking of starting a counter conspiracy...

Some of the posters most strongly proponents of this conspiracy have extremely low post counts, and while many signed up for BYC years ago, were never active on the feed forum particularly. One might wonder if some weren't harvested or seeded accounts being operated by a troll farm to influence stock prices and pocket profits from shortselling. Its a way both North Korea and Russia have operated to avoid or blunt economic sanctions. The Chinese, too - though for different motive.

I think it plausible. How about you?

:caf

I was thinking of starting a counter conspiracy...

Some of the posters most strongly proponents of this conspiracy have extremely low post counts, and while many signed up for BYC years ago, were never active on the feed forum particularly. One might wonder if some weren't harvested or seeded accounts being operated by a troll farm to influence stock prices and pocket profits from shortselling. Its a way both North Korea and Russia have operated to avoid or blunt economic sanctions. The Chinese, too - though for different motive.

I think it plausible. How about you?

:caf

At least as plausible as the theory that people who make money by selling feed products that people want to buy are deliberately selling bad feed.

So you're saying the feed does not sit at the mills. That's good to know.
But there can be several steps between the mill and the actual store.
Some other people have said it DOES seem to sit somewhere, probably in warehouses for some chain stores. Here are two examples:

From April 2021:

From November 2022:
Just saying what I personally observed. After the refining I don't know about the retail seller. Just clarifying that at the plants it does not sit. Quite frankly every ounce is money. Even unloading the barges they have bobcats with big eyes welded to the top and they are lowered into the barges with personelle and they scoop up the last 50 lbs. Worth and workers shovel the last little bit into the bobcats scoop and put it in what looks like a giant sandbag about 5 feet square with loop straps and its lifted out by the same crane that lowers and raises the bobcat.
Once in the mill the silos are round for a reason. Once out the barge its brought all throughout the facility on belts so none gets waisted. The little that falls off between the Mississippi River and the facility on the other side of the levee looks like a mini farm.
What is neat is to watch the giant catfish that float on the top of the water engorging themselves in the bits of stuff that fall Into the river. Being on a belt about 200 feet above the river you can really see how big they are.

Last edited:
Just saying what I personally observed. After the refining I don't know about the retail seller. Just clarifying that at the plants it does not sit. Quite frankly every ounce is money. Even unloading the barges they have bobcats with big eyes welded to the top and they are lowered into the barges with personelle and they scoop up the last 50 lbs. Worth and workers shovel the last little bit into the bobcats scoop and put it in what looks like a giant sandbag about 5 feet square with loop straps and its lifted out by the same crane that lowers and raises the bobcat.
Once in the mill the silos are round for a reason. Once out the barge its brought all throughout the facility on belts so none gets waisted. The little that falls off between the Mississippi River and the facility on the other side of the levee looks like a mini farm.
What is neat to watch it the giant catfish that float on the top of the water engorging themselves in the bits of stuff that fall Into the river. Being on a belt about 200 feet above the river you can really see how big they are.
No I don't work for them, I'm one of the various inspectors. So I'm not biased that's how it's done. No waste

Back
Top Bottom